Battlefield 1 - WW1 - the war to end war

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Dekay, May 8, 2016.

1. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

I think it's more of the usual from levelcap. The video is packed with massive exaggerations. "Conquest ruined", "Lots of points for flags will kill strategy", "It will make people play recklessly", "It will make the game boring" etc. Most of his arguments are very flawed and illogical imo

The only valid point he raises is the need for more defending points.

He wants the game to suit his play style -- infantry-centric, run and gun, kill whoring (more arcady, less like Battlefield). By having more points for capping, the game rewards PTFO and pushes players onto the cap radius. Players who play the game like "Conquest" and not like "TDM" will be on top of the scoreboard. That's fine!

I'll add this one to the growing pile of silly commentary from this guy. It can go next to "Tanks are OP", "LMGs are horrible and unusable", "Sniper are OP", "Randomness on guns is bad", "All gun attachments are worthless (BF4)" etc.

BTW Here is Marbleduck dissecting Levelcap/Xfactor's comments on guns -- kind of brutal!

[video=youtube;3YwsN4ffXdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YwsN4ffXdg[/video]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. nietzsche

1 Hour of Footage From Gamescom

[video=youtube;a6ls6bFL4fA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ls6bFL4fA[/video]

3. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

level cap for president

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  4. nietzsche

Ander Zel Gamescom Gameplay

[video=youtube;O63O4ba4i0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O63O4ba4i0Q[/video]

5. nietzsche

6. nietzsche

Premium Confirmed

But we don't know if they mean maps (probably does)

[video=youtube;-RYD48iQUIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYD48iQUIM[/video]

7. nietzsche

Information on the dynamic weather system

[video=youtube;FqWM8S_OjBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqWM8S_OjBk[/video]

8. nietzsche

Tiny bit of closed beta footage

[video=youtube;GZ9yB2dmY_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ9yB2dmY_A[/video]

9. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

People often misunderstand where I am coming from...
    A lot of people in other forums (surprisingly even at the autism forums in which I have participated) default to a debating style (read: they want to dominate and establish a social pecking order favouring themselves)...
    To be clear, I detest "devil's advocacy"...
    I'm not doing it here or anywhere, for that matter...

<Phew> Circumnavigating misunderstandings is tough going...lol...

Now let me finally begin...<wink>

Well before the pertinent Levelcap video commenting how BF1 mechanics will be making people reckless, I made the observation that because deaths won't reduce tickets, people would probably engage in more risk taking and not be that keen on having a medic revive them (If you remember I mentioned: a respawn means a complete compliment of ammunition/etc if you aren't support and you may have a better deployment position to boot...)...
    (If I have the energy I will find my post and edit it into this one...)

Levelcap is obviously reading and learning from my posts... :p
    Even so, just because we agree here and there doesn't mean I am a Levelcap groupie...
    <adopt Bjelke Petersen accent> Don't you worry about that!
    It just so happens I am seeing the game as it was presented in the alpha in a similar way on a couple of point...

Point 1: I see others *and myself* becoming more reckless because our/my deaths aren't going to aid the "enemy" winning...

Point 2.: If I am forced to adopt a more CoD gameplay at the expense of greater strategic considerations I will definitely find the game less interesting and less "soulful"...

This is just my opinion...
    Time will determine how many individuals will agree after they play for a while...
    I doubt it, but I myself might even adapt favourably towards a more CoD style game play...<shrug>

I didn't get that from the video...
    He spends quite of bit of time mentioning how people will be less inclined to be supportive/strategic through finding higher ground defending/sniping/spotting enemy at or approaching the flag...

He further mentions other BF games gave people more strategic options to better defend points or in helping their team members...(through reward incentives)
    "They didn't have to be married to the flag location itself..."
    "It no longer makes sense to hang back a little bit to support your squad mates as they go onto the flag while you take a higher vantage point..."

He also mentions that previously some players would leave a couple behind and move on before the flag was completely captured after the enemy was fragged, to attack another position. With the massive amount of point loss as a result, this would encourage them not to do so, hence disabling another strategic consideration...

In other BF games, I used to defend my team mates with a tank at a distance to capture the flag (tanks were never meant to capture territory/the-flag in areas where it was easy for infantry to hide and use close quarter weaponry like C4 on them...tell that to the kids...<roll eyes>).

After learning of the flag caturing point system, I too immediately considered the need to change this strategic play advantage...
    I'm afraid I too see the points system, as it stands now, ultimately resulting in the dumbing down of the game...

He continues:
    "Even though the strategy (of standing off ) helps your team, it really hurts your game score..."

I may simply choose to not worry about points and play the way I have always played...
    I was never after the MVP status in any case possibly because, like a good little autistic, social status has little to no interest to me...(Unlocks, however, do)...
    I'd rather survive than be the besttest...
    And on reflection, this is probably how I will continue playing this new BF franchise...<shrug>

He continues:
    "I want people to play the objective just as much as the next guy, but I want them to play it intelligently..."

So do I...
    No fuster Cluck for me either... ;)

10. nietzsche

Premium Details!

Christ, $170 AUD for Deluxe + Premium. Other bad news = more elite soliders.

edit: although you only need standard edition really ($90 + $60 for premium). Also you can get 10% off by being an EA Access member when you buy. Or you can buy it from one of those keys websites....

[video=youtube;Os7LWIolRjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7LWIolRjU[/video]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

That pricing is arse. I seem to recall Battlefront had similarly ridiculous pricing.

I'll undoubtedly get the base game (though I'll wait until I've used my time up on EA Access - though it does look like I may be away for the first 2 weeks of the game's release) and then purchase it. DLC, even on console, was pretty barren on BF4 and SWBF and I'm sure the same criticism can be levelled at BF1 - that we're paying $60 for a product that we have zero fore-knowledge of. BFH probably had it worst, you couldn't get a game just a few days after their DLC was released. Now that it's all free, still can't.

12. nietzsche

Yup.

However, you can grab EA Access for one month and get a $17 discount on deluxe + premium or a $15 discount on standard + premium.

I think I might buy Deluxe to get the early access, then get Premium shortly after. Unless there is a discount for buying premium as a part of the "Ultimate" pack, I see no point getting it immediately.

EA's pricing and DLC is just horrible. They ruin the game for many people and segregate the BF community.

Premium details:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  13. nietzsche

Preload: 14th October
    Release: 18th October

[​IMG]

14. nietzsche

The weather in Battlefield 1 SUCKS

[video=youtube;EmTWtx0PcIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTWtx0PcIA[/video]

15. nietzsche

First Free Map Confirmed

"Giant's Shadow" will be released in December 2016. 7 days early access for people who pre-order.

[​IMG]

16. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

LOL. I think I fly out on the Monday (17th) but might get a day in with early access. 3 days you said?

17. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Bloody poms. Could be a balmy 28C and it's still not good war weather.

I hope I understand right.. that weather changes occur randomly? Levolution was a farce for the most part but a map with dynamic weather I can really get behind.

18. nietzsche

I think they are the dates for pre-ordering the "ultimate" or "deluxe" editions. So:

Normal version: 21st October
    Buy deluxe or ultimate: 18th October
    EA Access: 10 hours of access starting 16th or 17th October??

19. nietzsche

Anderzel on horses and stuff

[video=youtube;5B6wLpUZyN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B6wLpUZyN8[/video]

20. nietzsche

It's been confirmed that the open beta runs 31st of August (30th for EA insiders) to the 8th of September.

[​IMG]