Battlefield 1 - WW1 - the war to end war

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Dekay, May 8, 2016.

1. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

The Planes of Battlefield

[video=youtube;9EttnpUL0mM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EttnpUL0mM[/video]

2. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

First point, this is a very fast action mode and not suited for those with autism since we need a significantly longer time to assess real time events partly due to information overload...
    Hence, I will probably stick with vehicles or long distant sniper play or give it a miss altogether and play conquest instead...
    I was exhausted just watching the video...<chuckle>

Second point, right in the beginning, there seemed to be a very good example of network advantage (my pet bug bear, as anyone who knows me errr knows...:mrgreen:)...
    Yes they could have been a very bad bunch of noobies, but it also could have been a case of split second advantage of seeing the enemy and them not reacting before they were even aware that someone came over the ridge...
    Not cool, gamies...

The third point, is my observation and personal experience of being at the receiving end of the artillery shell from a tank/vehicle, that it packs a almighty wallop and would be my first choice now in disabling the train...<take mental note>...

3. Bagwhan

Bagwhan Active Member

Hey everyone, I've scrolled to the end of this (very long) thread, so apologies if the answer is elsewhere... but there's no way i can play B1 online - absolute crap internet connection here. Is the single player, offline content worth the purchase? Thanks!

4. POSCrash

POSCrash Well-Known Member

I've played some of the single player war stories and while they are good, the multiplayer is where the real fun is at. Conquest is great but Operations is fantastic. War pigeon is fun and so is Rush. I played the single player Aussie war story last night and it was a well acted and interesting story - but I'm not sure I'd be buying the game for the single player alone. In my opinion it's a nice addition to the whole game.

5. nietzsche

It's probably not worth the purchase because it is less than 10 hours long. However, if you might get good Internet in the future, it would be worth it.

If you are looking for an offline game with massive value-for-money, but the Witcher 3 + expansions. It is unbelievable how much value that game delivers.

6. Bagwhan

Bagwhan Active Member

Thanks guys (and POSCrash). Well (sigh) it's good to know, if disappointing. I'll check out Witcher 3. You may recall me running around the Battlefield maps as "Bert Or Ernie". Ah, those were the days... jeez, I used to complain about a 100 ping! They wouldn't let me log on nowadays. We've got Wireless NBN here, but we're in a shadow and stuck with the failing copper system. Half a megabyte (yes, MB) download speed at best in peak times. Cheers!

7. nietzsche

[video=youtube;-o9FSPdbc0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9FSPdbc0U[/video]

8. nietzsche

[video=youtube;tkitwe6-2dY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkitwe6-2dY[/video]

9. GavsteR

GavsteR Active Member

Hi Bert & Ernie.
    I've been waiting for you. Great to see you back.
    See you in game soon

Gavster

10. Bagwhan

Bagwhan Active Member

I wish, Gavster! Seriously, Telstra gives me a 50% discount on my internet now, because it can't guarantee half of the minimum download speed for ADSL - that's ADSL... not ADSL 1 or ADSL2! We live in a country town with hopelessly over-subscribed internet in our area (back in the good ol' days I was renting in the middle of town while I built this house), and we're shadowed from the wireless NBN network. A mate tells me the lag from Skymuster is crap too. It's not a bad speed, but it's lagged.

There's no answer, as far as I can tell.

Videos posted on this thread are only making me burst into tears...

11. Bagwhan

Bagwhan Active Member

I thought a few here might appreciate a bit of trivia... the First World War was called as such as early as 1917, because it was acknowledged as the first WORLD war - meaning the first-ever global conflict. It's not known as the "First" World War in comparison to the "Second" world war later. Nothing to do with being the first or second in a series of wars...

Back to my beer.