battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by micko, May 27, 2006.

1. micko

micko Just Joined

so who is looking forward to playin this? Me personaly im looking forward to playing titan mode :)

2. Vulcan21

Vulcan21 Well-Known Member

Sorry...after these latest problems with patch 1.3, EA couldn't pay me to play BF 2142....

I'll be going with Enemy Territory Quake Wars. :)

3. Aussiepope

Aussiepope Well-Known Member

i think that we as one of the largest online gaming clans worldwide we should boycott all EA releases......until they fix all the things that are wrong with their current games first

4. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

I think it's going to be great. We'll probably lose a few miffed players to some other stuff maybe, but not the bulk of them I don't think. It depends if anything else coming out is any good but so far the BF games gave been by far the best imo.

5. Andreyevich

Andreyevich Just Joined

I think it will be really good. EA have put so much time into it, and built up all the hype about it - I don't think that they can really afford to let everyone down. I hope it will be good, anyway. It had better be....

6. Andreyevich

Andreyevich Just Joined

I think that it will be very good. EA have spent alot of time making it, and have built up the hype too much to release a bad game - they can't afford to disappoint so many people. I do hope that there are some changes made to the gameplay (ie new tactics added) to differentiate the game from the other Battlefield games.

BF2 was made well - artillery and squad commanders were added - and it was much more realistic than BF1942/Vietnam. Hopefully EA will put plenty of effort into BF2142.

7. DJ

DJ Active Member

Depends on how much they will pay me i guess.......

8. Easy_Beat

Easy_Beat Retired Moderator

Adelaide, SA Occupation: Fox´s Muse TOG_Sponsor: $
    Just admit it. When it's released, you'll all come back to BF1942, just like you did with BF2. :D

9. MajorDamage

MajorDamage Getting Started

I think 2142 looks very promising BUT EA/Dice came out with the best FPS ever in BF2 and I'm hooked on it but then they had to mod it to the point of stuffing the game up completely. What's to say they don't do the same thing with 2142? I certainly don't want to get hooked on another game that has soooo much hype and potential only to have it ruined by it's creators again! For me, it will depend on whether they've fixed BF2 completely by the time 2142 is released. There's no point having the best game on the market if it doesn't work properly... gameplay is paramount!

10. Stalin

Stalin Well-Known Member

2142 is based on the BF2 engine, so I would fully expect it to be laggy, require a supercomputer to run, and full of bugs. I won't be looking at it unless there is very strong positive feedback on it.

11. RapidDescent

RapidDescent Well-Known Member

It just seems as though EA have taken Planetside, taken away the mega multiplayer part, and hooked it to the BF2 engine. Will wait and see.

12. ][V][@gik

][V][@gik Just Joined

Well I love BF2 apart from the silly over powered RPK when you go prone its got super two bullets and your dead powers! thats the only thing that bugs me but they are beta testing the 1.4 patch now with the public:) so hopefully that will iron out the problems.... and as far as BF2142 I think it will be great as that is getting open beta tested aswell before release in august so we can find the bugs and find things we dont like so they can sort it out! Im really disapointed in people that say EA are shit when its DICE that program the game and EA are the big name that front it all..... think about the hard work that go's into these games and we are the people that just play them! But hey we all have our different thoughts about it and thats just mine :D

13. B B

B B Active Member

Q.L.D. Australia beautifull one day , perfect the
    will get but must say looking forward to quake wars