Battlefield 3 Competitive Ladders

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by ReaperSmurf, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ReaperSmurf

ReaperSmurf ARMA Captain

CGo Ladder - Open ladder. At the time of writing there were 32 teams already registered. I think it is premature to register any TOG teams yet, however I expect there will be at least three TOG competition squads when the time comes.

CGi League - I think this one is an invitational ladder (no teams yet registered). No further information available yet.

I am thinking it might be nice to create a TOG internal ladder if we have enough interested teams. I'll wait until I've seen the game and game modes before pursuing this further...

2. Inglorious Nub

Inglorious Nub Well-Known Member

IMO - We should have a team ready for competitive ladders, when the ladder opens. It would be a shame to miss the first round of ladder comps because we could not assign people to squads - even if temp squads. Even if we shuffled people later, it would be great to give everyone a chance to be in the first round of ladder comps. I would be a bit put off if we missed first round of comps, because we could not organize beforehand.

3. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

Have a chat to 303. As the admin for FPS (and since there is no DC yet) he would be the only one (or the most appropriate one imo) who could authorise an interim comp squad structure under the TOG banner.

Tto comp while under beta has horns all over it. how would you like it if during the comp they dropped all the servers for maintenance or had it so that the orgin (steam wannabe) was taken offline for week to tweak.

Despite that have a chat to 3'oh, dont be put off, just get the ball rolling

4. Inglorious Nub

Agreed - we should wait to first week of non-demo, actual final game release. Just trying to ensure we have a TOG comp team by then.

Did try this in another post - "BF3 Squad Name and interest in comp squad" but think we need a DC to make it "official". If I was to actually start a post taking names for a "temp BF3 comp squad" now, I imagine that the DC to be, would not be happy and some TOG admins might black-list this action. So waiting on the official DC.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  5. bfg

bfg Getting Started

I was disappointed we missed out on the first round of ladders for BC2 due to not having worked out DC's, squad's etc before the game was released and ladders announced.
    From memory the BC2 division wasn't moved from the public forum to the battlefield forum until very close to the release date.

If I remember correctly admins didn't want to create the BC2 division and assign DC's and squads because it has the potential to drain resources and players away from games that are still active.

Having said that, I support the idea of having this setup ASAP so we can choose to play in the first round of ladders when they start.

6. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I'll blunder along like I usually do. I'd hate to think that TOG could miss out on a place on the CG ladder matches, due to late entry. Consequently, would anyone have an objection, to me registering TOG|Tempest as a team?

(Can I actually do that? LOL)

7. T0by1

T0by1 Well-Known Member

Something similar was done when bad company 2 came out so I don't imagine it would step on anyone's toes if you did the same. It would however be an unofficial team and once the squads were created this team would have to be removed from the ladder. I think the best way to move forward would be to get the DC assigned, make the squads and create the correct squads in the ladder, not an unofficial team.

You can challenge half way up the ladder each time, so as long as the teams are in the ladder near the beginning of the comp then there wont be too much of an issue in working quickly to the top of the ladder, if that is the squads aim.

8. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

anyone can register a team; going through 303 would be polite, is all ;)

9. If this is the case, then we should appoint the DC now and form the teams.
    It's better to start as high on the ladder as possible, rather than trying to work your way up challenging teams that are an unknown quantity.

Even if the teams filter downwards, the experience gained will count towards the long term.

Is a newbie like me able to just start up a conversation with 303?

10. Inglorious Nub

I just PM 303, asking if we can setup temp teams.

But agree, a DC and official teams would be better, if possible to manage before comp start dates.

11. Leevers

Leevers Guest

I already know what 303 is going to say about that :p

Suffice to say, those who want to be part of any form of SAS team, I would suggest find another team outside of TOG as due to the complications last time, I doubt it'll take place again in any hurry. Although that's 303's decision

12. Wow. Does that mean for MW3 and BF3 I'll have to leave TOG for 12 months?
    Sheesh. Uh, why would that be when we have teams in CG already that are enjoying it? :D

13. Leevers

Leevers Guest

I could only imagine TOG will have more than 3 CG Squads, but assessing a team based on skill level is what I'm going to guess probably won't happen.

14. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I am quite confident that TOG will field a SAS squad for BF3.

15. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

Are you encouraging people to leave TOG based on an assumption that a division, which isnt formed yet, might not have an SAS comp team? Really? wow.......

Back on topic hey.... someone chat to 3'oh.

16. =ProtoType=

=ProtoType= Well-Known Member

I think you will find most of the SAS team has already left................

17. ThreeO

ThreeO Retired Administrator

I prefer to speak for myself.

When the time comes and the right management are in place we will sit in a tepee smoke a pipe and discuss how BF3 moves forward.

So until then let's find something more tangible to chat about.

Redgum likes this.
  18. Never. I'm more concerned with missing out on the CG ladder play.
    303 just answered the posts. Kind of. I think that meant, they'll make the call. :cool: With the indians.

19. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I guess the match the SAS team in BC2 just had over the weekend was a figment of my imagination ;)

20. ThreeO

ThreeO Retired Administrator

Knock it off fellas or I lock the thread.

This is a public thread and I would expect the same amount of respect in here as you do in the members forums. If you can't then your sinking your own ship before it gets to float.