BATTLEFIELD 3

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by uzi9mm, Jan 24, 2008.

1. uzi9mm

uzi9mm Just Joined

Does anyone know if there is a battlefield 3 in the pipiline from EA dice based on 2142 game.Also is it true that its only for vista" and xp not supported would be nice to know so i can get some coin togeather for the realease.

regards uzi9mm

2. ozbrat

ozbrat Well-Known Member

3. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

I'd essentially take that as complete rumour. Also ignore any speculative release date. If they are predicting end of the year, it'll be another six months on that at least. All well and good to have "leaked" info, but untill ANYTHING is confirmed, all you've got is speculation. There may not even be a BF3.

Personally, I can't imagine why they'd do it. BF2 was released almost three years ago, and although it's dated, there haven't been any real advances in tech to require a "new version". If all it's going to be is an improved edition, is there really a point?? Sure we'd like to see BF2 done right, but it doesn't warrant it's own full dedication.

My opinion only of course! :D

4. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

A couple of things found here. A lot of practical speculation based on rumor and some basic detective work, but no "official" details.

EA own rights to CryEngine, Unreal and Battlefield engines, yet the Swedish DICE team who worked on BF2 and BF:2142 are developing the in-house Frostbite_DX engine. Here's a screenie showing some of the destructable terrain:

[​IMG]

Release date has also been set apparently, with a UK Online retailer taking pre-orders. The date set is April 1 this year, so make sure you all get in early with those orders!! You too can be playing this next-gen game on April Fools day with all the other cool peeps! :D

5. ReaperSmurf

ReaperSmurf ARMA Captain

Nerf herders.