Beginner's Guide to the TOG FTB/MindCrack Server (Mindcrack Server no longer used)

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Obsi, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

lol the worksop is free for all to use, there is two chests in the central part near the recylcer feel free to place them there.

2. Brew

Brew Well-Known Member

Ah, I know where those are. I'll drop them off once I get the computer and network back up and running (re-configuring the office) in the next few days.

3. TAZZROK

TAZZROK Getting Started

Lost and found

found 2 Horses "Snowy and Honey" they are now in a dirt pen on the west side of the south west corner

found by phlex pened by me and phlex

4. DarkDuck

in a week thier names shall be glue and pal.

5. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Thaumcraft Nerfed?

There is a real problem with aura/vis in the new world. Since the tweeks at spawn to address the catastrophic thaum event there have been problems with thaumcraft functions.

The first problem, which I'm pretty sure existed prior to update, was that the Goggles of Revealing do not always give readings and see nodes (yes there were definitely nodes where I've looked...). I'm having this problem a lot since update. Have tried taking them on and off, and disconnecting and reconnecting to no avail. Others have reported same issue.

The second problem is that since the update wands (and reportedly Portable Holes too) do not recharge at all.
    I tried making a new wand to address this and stand near a known full node, but this yielded nothing.
    I'm advised that this problem does not exist in alternate dimensions like Wasteland. Therefore the running theory is that there's a thaum nerf in Overworld we don't know about.

6. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Trees Dissappearing and others Reappearing (sorta)

Last night (and in the time since) some really strange things have happened at my home in spawn city with the trees.
    1) Several of my rubber trees have gone missing (some entirely, some partially).
    2) A tree that I cut down partially reappeared afterwards - this wasn't block lag because I'd descended through the blocks as I went, and I didn't notice it had reappeared until about an hour later. I've left it there for reference.
    3) Tonight I log in again and more rubber trees in the same small area have gone missing, and a neighbouring Redwood tree has been mostly destroyed (again, left as is for reference). I don't think lightning could have got it because it does not have open sky directly above it. This tree was heritage listed so whoever is responsible can expect a fine.
    4) A tree on the other side of my property appears to have relocated. It's a Redwood and half of it is growing from where the road's cobblestone slab edge should be! This isn't a problem for me but just further suggests that something is amiss.

Has anyone else had issues like these?

I'd love to know what's going on here - I can't really use the area until I know.

7. Phlexor

Phlexor Active Member

If I ever get horses, I'm naming them Tarzan's Grip and Clag.

8. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

lol

9. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Nothing that we have done. All the aura around spawn was settled down but no new settings were made. The config files are unchanged.

Thaumcraft has changed from Thaumcraft3.0.1c to Thaumcraft3.0.3. I am not sure what has happened between there. However, Thaumcraft will radically change in future updates. It is being totally redesigned to remove the concept of auras I believe.

Sorontar

10. usukie

usukie Well-Known Member

light blue/purple/white

usukie :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  11. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Part of the issue has always been that Mindcraft worlds are "leaky" because of incompatible mods. Apparently this has always been an issue, but the server has only started whinging about it in the latest update. [1] This sounds a little like what has happened here. I'm afraid it is just an "on-course hazard" as such, like the pain of Endermen removing dirt from the city hill.

Likewise, we have always found that rocks and ores have suddenly appeared where previously we had roadways. This is just what we have to live with when using a modpack.

Sorontar

[1] Some people claim it is ChickenCore code but others say that many mods are at fault.

12. DarkDuck

it appears that there are no nodes in the overworld, in the upgrade I suspect the with the update, I believe silverwood trees will generate good nodes but need to test this

13. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Strange. I believe we can set the config file to regenerate them. There certainly still are maximum auras for areas.

14. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

Yup, you might or might not have noticed the city wall was blotchy.... Day 2 of the FTB server, we noticed some of the stone had been turned to dirt/gravel/ore..... we went through and repaired it, and then a day or so later, it was back again... We didn't bother repairing it after that.

I'd also been down in a cavern in my city place, mined out all the visible ore, gone back a week later and seen more new ores on the surface that weren't there before.

It's a wacky world :D

15. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Retired Captain

Snowy and Honey are mine :) they like to free range.

16. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

you claim the first 2 colours, the 3rd can be anything you like. I will add you to the list :)

17. Phlexor

Phlexor Active Member

Careful with Mining Lasers

Just a heads up to whoever used a Mining Laser in the the Nether. You narrowly missed the Blaze & XP Grinder.

Also could possibly be the same person, but there was a Nether Portal very close by to where the Mining Laser was fired from. It's very likely that this Portal was created in the Nether as the other end ended up in a random cave very close to another player's area and they did not make it. As we all should know, creating Portals in the Nether is against the rules.

Someone has said that Nether Portals form on their own randomly after that update, I'd like to read evidence of this before I accept that this may have been the case.

18. Phlexor

Phlexor Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Cheith

Cheith Active Member

The mining laser firing may have been me, though I used it near the exit to the spawn portal to farm some netherrack for gunpowder making. Sorry about that, I didn't realize that the blaze thing was near that portal.

I certainly didn't make any new portals though - but that reminds me that I do have to remove the one that sits beside my base which appeared out of nowhere one day.
    Cheith.

20. marvelmanic

marvelmanic Retired Architect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.