Beginner's Guide to the TOG FTB/MindCrack Server (Mindcrack Server no longer used)

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Obsi, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew

Brew Well-Known Member

I'll have to try these things tonight as I was having constant crashes last night, culminating with an unrecoverable crash after teleporting to Duck's workshop (as in, I can get in anymore). I think that the teleport went awry as the last thing that I saw before the crash was the inside of Duck's wiring under his machines.......

I also had a fatal teleport error earlier in the evening when using the /bed TP.

I tried moving the guiapi to coremods, but didn't have the time to try other things before my laptop battery died (still haven't gotten the main computer up and running, and can't find the spare laptop charger yet after the move).

2. marvelmanic

marvelmanic Retired Architect

Another thing you can try is to let the FTB launcher install the mods for you.

3. OranjeJus

OranjeJus Freshly Squeezed Staff Member Moderator

I have been using PureDBCraft for some time, and recently have tried out the Soartec pack. Now I'm torn. I like them both for different reasons... Hmmm...

- OJ

4. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Thanks for putting your hand up Cheith.

The mining laser may be a great tool, but remember that over the other side of a wall of rock/netherrack may be someone's building. It requires precision and care at all times. Reckless usage is never appropriate. I am not saying that you were reckless Cheith, but everyone has to be careful.

If any player ends up damaging a construction anywhere for any reason, they should tell a mod and try to fix it. Honesty gets you a lot further than staying in the background and saying "it probably wasn't me", or "it wasn't a lot of damage".

Sorontar

5. Brew

Brew Well-Known Member

I hope to have some time to look at this late tonight, but here is the start of the last crash log:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I blame Dinnerbone.

Time: 3/19/13 11:56 PM
    Description: Exception in world tick

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
    at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
    at di.a(SourceFile:59)
    at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
    at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
    at ayp.b(WorldClient.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1874)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:848)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.EntitySpawnPacket.execute(EntitySpawnPacket.java:175)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleFMLPacket(FMLNetworkHandler.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:67)
    at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
    at di.a(SourceFile:59)
    at com.mumfrey.liteloader.core.HookPluginChannels.a(HookPluginChannels.java:99)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
    at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)

I don't even know where to start on this. The log blames dinnerbone. :D

Anyone have any ideas?

6. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

I don't think it was you... this isn't near the spawn portal. There are actually a few radiating lines of lazer fire around the same area.

7. Cheith

Cheith Active Member

One thing (that I didn't realize to start with) is that the laser goes through netherrack like a knife through butter! It will pop 20+blocks in a line!
    Cheith.
    PS:I fixed the couple of spots at the nether spawn portal that got 'winged' by the laser :)

8. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

The change list from Thaumcraft 3.0.3 (Updated 1/2/2013) - Minecraft Forum

The change in the storage of auras might have affected the nodes as well.

9. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

I also wish to point out that using the scatter mode is being reckless. You are not controlling where it goes (and it is uses more power than any other mode). If you want to use this mode, do so on single player.

The Long-range beam also has a longer range than others, so be careful when you use it.
    Mining Laser - Industrial-Craft-Wiki

10. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

And if your mining lazer destroys a part of another player's construction - it will be considered to be you who has damaged it, because you have not taken due care where your lazer has fired.

Therefore you should be very careful where you use them, and don't assume that there are no constructions in the nether/caverns/wastelands etc. and are free to shoot lazers around everywhere. People can build everywhere.

11. Aveege

Aveege Active Member

When i got this error after patch i had to move my custom mob spawner and mo creatures to mods folder where before i had to have it in the instmods folder. try moving those 2 mods, custom mob spawner and mo creatures to either instmods/mods. Basically opposite of how you have it now.

12. Brew

Brew Well-Known Member

Yep, that fixed it for me. Thanks!

For the record, I moved the guiapi back to the instmods folder, and moved both the custom mob spawner and mo creatures into the mods folder. Was able to log in, and no further crashes for the night.

13. Gedarn

Gedarn Retired Captain

14. Gedarn

Gedarn Retired Captain

15. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Ah ok. So should I view this as birthing pains of the new version, or an ongoing uncertainty?

And is there no way to see what happened to my Redwood? I won't be able to regrow it so I may have to rebuild it block by block...

16. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Guys the nodes didn't vanish though. The goggles have often been malfunctioning, but nodes have been observed all over the place this week. Or were the nodes there visually but not actually?

"- changed the way data is stored for casting wands." wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I guess ultimately what I most want to know out of this is How long do you think it will be before we upgrade Thaumcraft again? I'm still looking at building my mage tower in the wilderness but I'll have to look at alternate dimensions if there's no end in sight for this bug.

17. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Thaumcraft 3.1? (not 4) - Minecraft Forum - the discussions of the possible changes in Thaumcraft

18. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

What happened for you is strange, and for now we blame it on the leaky world data, which will be an ongoing issue from before this update. However, thanks for alerting us. The more we know about these strange happenings, the more we might understand it.

Perhaps we need an Ex-file of things that have been removed from our world.

Sorontar

19. Cheith

Cheith Active Member

One has been using it for a while. I pretty much only use the level shot mode as that gives me predictability.

Obviously, if I accidentally destroy something, I will fix it/make it right. We wouldn't be having this discussion right now otherwise.

As I said, there didn't appear to be anything radiating out from spawn in the direction I chose and the only thing I winged was a set of stairs and a little bit of a wall when I miscalculated a shot by a block heading back towards the portal back towards spawn.

Cheith.
    PS: the thing I had not realized was that netherrack, while needing a pick to mine, has a hardness similar to that of dirt.
    PPS: the thing at the blaze spawner was definitely not me. I only shoot in straight lines!!!

20. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

I am not pointing the finger at anyone publicly for this.[1] Thank you again Cheith for saying it might have been you, but the instance we are investigating doesn't at this stage seem to have been your fault. If we find evidence otherwise, we will tell you privately.

My warnings are to everyone, not targetting Cheith. As a great man once said, "with great power, comes great responsibility". [2]

Sorontar

[1] Doing so is not the way things are done in TOG.
    [2] And no, it wasn't Stan Lee or Spiderman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.