BF1942 Mega Comp

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by Adze, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Adze

Adze Just Joined

Hey all you TOG 42ers :)

Some of you may have seen around the traps discussion of what to do for another BF comp.

Knowing the game has less clans able to field full teams, we thought we would do the next on a more mega scale.

To this, we are setting up the comp to be a inûb/DOW combo team vs guys from all the other teams (CFE, BH, ATA, FTA and hopefully TOG) combined. This way numbers will always be up, and the skill base evened out.

We did a trial run last sunday night on 3FL #2 and it worked a treat, leaving just about everyone hanging for more. We had at least 30+ players for most of the night.

If any of you are keen to get a peice, head over to inub forum (• Index page) and register. I have set up some sections to deal with the upcoming comp.

The 2 teams are using the 3FL TS (details on forum), and playing matches on 3FL #2 server (allowing up to 64 players lol).

Be good to have you guys part of it! :)

2. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

G'day Adze, I will let the guys over at '42 know about this.

Cheers mate

3. Blasta

Blasta Retired Moderator

Cheers Adze will pass this onto the bf1942 forum

Blasta

4. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

lol Flame beat us all to it.

5. Blasta

Blasta Retired Moderator

lol he did :)

6. Flame

Flame Retired Captain

Still got it :)

7. Z Special Unit

Z Special Unit Well-Known Member

Yeah sounds good, DOW & Inubs :rolleyes:, what cant any of you guys bare to loose ?? of all the clans still about 2 superior teams join ...Farkin lame if u ask me ..... Talk about gang up with the best against the rest , it still sounds like fun tho i guess and ill still play with the disorganised rabble that have a game against you's for the sake of playing a war.

8. cap

cap Retired Captain

Thx Adze :)

9. Adze

Adze Just Joined

Thx for your views ZSU...I will attempt to put your mind at ease!

To get you up to speed, seeing as you didnt play in the last RR...BH and CFE combined to form a super clan - iC2, which beat DOW both times they played and pushed DOW out of the final. They played the nubs in the final only going down by a very small margian. So from that you could argue the 2 best teams are on opposing sides.

Also, we did a trial game last sunday night with this set up, and again, the result was very close and the match was even. iC2 have an awesome lineup, and combined with active players from the other clans, easily match the inub/DOW combo.

We did this arrangement due to the fact that this would provide the most balanced option for numbers.

When put to iC2 that it was unfair on them (and the rest of the players) with the inub/dow combo they were quite offended!

So good to see you are keen to have a look, maybe reserve your judgement fully until after sunday night :)

Hopefully as many of you as possible come for a look - with the 3FL server, we have scope for up to 32v32 matches!

Id ask anyone interested tho to please head over to the inub forum and register there...both sides need some organisation with so many players - especially the 'REST' team. The guys running that side need to know who is playing, and start sorting out roles and strats etc in the private section.

Cheers!

10. Z Special Unit

Yeah fair enuf adze,, sorry :( Anyway i love wars and actually i did play in the last RR and will play again while this game lasts.

11. Schultz

Schultz Well-Known Member

Thks Adzeeeeeee,

For anyone that wants a hit out in 42 Vanilla this may be one of the last years for a clan style hit out.... , so leave your boots at the door and jump into this large battle format it's much better than the other option's like a 5 v 5 inf only scrim.

So dust off that old BF42 drink coaster and lock n load while donning the old tin hat.

Link to inub forums : • Index page

Register and on completion you will see a section called Mega Comp Forum, post a howdy and go from there. Both teams will have their own section using the inubs forum base.

12. Adze

Adze Just Joined

Hey good to see a couple of you guys there last night. Still a couple of teething problems, but we will work on that this week.

Main problem thor (speaking on behalf of the Barbarians) said was not everyone was in ts, and not everyone has signed up on forum.

He and his helpers need you all to sign up, they discuss upcoming matches, roles and stuff in there...and they need everyone to be reading it to get some idea of whats happening.

So can I ask anyone who hasnt, and is keen for more of this to head over and make an account?

We are thinking of giving out the server password in each sides private section so will pay to do so! :)

13. Hostile Hippie

Hostile Hippie Well-Known Member

Anyone got a link that works? or the actual ip address.

I am interested in registering, but cant find the page.

Help needed pls.

14. Hostile Hippie

Hostile Hippie Well-Known Member

Its cool , seems to be working again now.

15. Z Special Unit

Its a dogs breakfast in there , i cant find anything or anywhere to post up. I can see the mega comp link in there but it takes me to page of nothingness ??

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  16. Adze

Adze Just Joined

There is a public section in the mega comp forum, but you wont see the private section until you are added to the usergroup.

Post up in this thread and all will be taken care of:
    • View topic - THIRD trial match, Sunday 14th Feb

And yes, the site times out now and then...just wait a minute or 2 and it comes back.