1. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Please excuse my ignorance if this has already been posted, but just in case, I have to share this!

The sequel for Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam will ironically be called Battlefield 2. This I'm sure most of you know. I have been reading up on the scraps of data that are being shared around the community, and have heard of this elusive video that was shown recently at E3. I have had difficulty locating this anywhere, but have found a link to some kind souls personal web space, allowing easy downloading of a quicktime demonstration movie. It is broken into four bite sized chunks, and is quite simply unbelievable.

The download is 209MB, and well worth it! I recommend all TOGs to grab this and watch it, with the anticipation that we will all sometime next year, after BF2's release, buy new computer systems, surrender all other "has been" games, and form one huge BF2 clan!

Well..... maybe not, but at least have a look at this demo!

http://downloads.internetpowerhouse.com/Battlefield 2 Video/bf2demonstracio.ZIP

If this link isn't working, or stops working, have a look around. I'm sure it'll end up doing the rounds!

I'm just a little excited about it! :mrgreen:

2. Dars183

Dars183 Retired Moderator

Hey Spectre8,

It's pretty amazing isn't it :)

Heres a Link to a post in Other Games

Seemingly part of the new engine will enable most users to use existing hardware when it is released, but that aint going to stop me going out and spending money on both the game and some new H/Ware toys. If your excited imagine how I feel :wink: 8)

Cheers

3. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

Moved this to "Other Games" forum.

4. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

WOW!

5. Spectre8

Thanks Fox. Again please excuse... me!

:oops: :wink:

6. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

Now that is one KICK ARSE demo!! :D :D

Just try and get me out of one of those planes... go on... I dare ya :)

The size of the maps looks great - the physics looks great... I'm dreaming about this one already :)

7. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I will be getting this game, and all others will be deleted.

This is going to be too cool...

8. Drebin

Drebin Well-Known Member

I agree with you there Warbear, no other game would be worth playing when BF2 is out :)

9. Spectre8

Its just unbelievable isn't it.

This is the gaming experience I have been dreaming about for years. I mean... the whole thing of multi-integrated layers of attack and defense.

When I first bought BF:1942, I fell in love with the whole game. It was my first real experience in online war games, and it came highly recommended. I loved the way you could call in air support, anti-armour, and artillery. The teamwork element really tickled my sweet spot.

However, after playing the game for a long time now, and moving to the excellent mod DC, my enthusiasm for the great innovations began to give way to the niggly little things that ultimately have the potential to ruin the great game that BF is.

And now this.

I can't believe that they have actually made this game! I know that I should be reserving my judgement until I can actually play the finished article, but if you have watched the vids, then you will understand.

One problem with BF:1942, DC, and BF:V that I have had is the way the game is played on public servers. The TK thing is an obvious one, and non-team play is the other obvious problem. I have read in other forums how a reward system would help to alleviate this. This has been impossible with the current BF engines. I love the way Wolfenstien: ET implemented this. Medics recieve bonuses, as do engineers. Working as a team is enhanced, and new weapons are available. BF2 takes this great idea, implements it, and then furthers its goodness, and carries the rewards throughout your online career. Something ET couldn't do.

As has been mentioned in other BF2 posts, imagine having our TOG emblem appear on all of our Battlefield Hardware!

BF:1942, DC and now BF:V allow you to call in an airstrike, ask for air support, and call for anti-armour, but to be able to light up the target with a laser designator, have an allied aircraft be guided by this, directly to the target is amazing.

Infantry being attacked by light armour, being attacked by heavy armour, being attacked by artillery, being hunted by helicopters, being hunted by aircraft.... being tracked by infantry in anti-air SAM sites, being attacked by infantry............

Man, talk about layers! And all fully integrated in a destructable environment!

I've been playing BF games on my work laptop the whole time, and can really give the top end system runners a good competition. But for BF2, I will most definately build myself a beast of a pooter. This game deserves it.

At least I hope it does!!!!! :wink:

10. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I just wish that they had done the TV thing ages ago - Tribes 1 had it 5 years ago!

11. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

Can't stop thinking about these demos. 8O

I gotta fly one of those planes!

12. BakerNator

BakerNator Well-Known Member

I just wanna know 1 thing...

CAN I STILL TK DARS?????

13. Spectre8

That depends on how good you are!!!!

14. BakerNator