BF3 Video Feature

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Jakob_Pavlov, May 28, 2011.

1. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

I thought that to, I tried to find any info on it but couldn't, so I am probably wrong. But the maps that had longer draw distances (Wake comes to mind) had less to render/draw. And I think that Wake was released in a patch, so maybe the engine was a bit better optimised. Thats pure speculation of course, but in the BF:BC2 Vietnam expansion, Dice said it was better optimised because they had more time with the engine by the time it was released.

I would like to see some dynamic weather in maps, like a dust storm rolling in. Something like that would probably make it harder to fly and spot enemies on the ground. Which imo, wouldn't be that bad a thing to do...

2. maddog2204

maddog2204 Retired Moderator

(8:07) Rush mode will definitely be in the game.

3. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

No dust storms means high end processing power. Old systems will really struggle with this

4. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i think it will as well and most likely require a modern quad core to run .. even the older Q series Intel like a Q6600 , Q9650 might struggle

5. Alpha_Au

Alpha_Au Well-Known Member

Upgrades can't be a bad thing though. :)

6. wpwolf69

wpwolf69 Active Member

Damn it i will need a new os as I am running xp at the moment.That will teach me for being a tight arse and not buying windows 7 with my last build!!!!!:oops:

7. Rica

Rica Active Member

Unless you get it on console then it'll be running smooth as all the time :p

sure it has less peeps per side and slightly smaller maps, but I don't have a PC anymore Just a Macbook, iMac and have both consoles. I think the M$box will win it out for me.

I was thinking about the duststorms too and as it is only pre-alpha or whatever they called it, it may still make it's way in and have a better more realistic dust up ;)

Alpha_Au likes this.
  8. Binary-Ninja

lol who plays a FPS on a console :) .... and i'l be runnign it on my imac ... Rica if you have one of the newer imac 2010 or 2011 with the modern quad core you should be fine ... just have to set up Windows under bootcamp

Alpha_Au likes this.
  9. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Eewwww.... an imac :). Just kidding, what are imacs like to game on (availability of titles etc.)?

10. Lighty

Lighty Well-Known Member

upgrades wont be need with unless you have been tight for the past 3 years. Any system decent system built the last 12 month wont have an issue.

Fog, smoke dust storm? It'll all be turn off by the kiddies and you, yes you wanting to make it feel like your there? YOU will get pawned. lol

If they bring back the eyrx YOUR ALL F$%KED :)

Alpha_Au likes this.
  11. Binary-Ninja

Any of the last 2 gen iMacs run high end hardware equal to PC 's now actually the thunderbolt tech for second monitors and external drives was ahead of the PC ....they use same desktop CPU as PC i5 , i7 and the newer 2011 ones run Sandy Bridge CPU which are very fast ... they have also run a hybrid GPU it is not laptop GPU but not the full card type as desktop ones in PC .. They are upgradeable in last 2 gens of iMacs so you could swap this card into the older series...

Doug go to my post # 28 and see youtube clips on the same 27" as mine and the older one running games
    The older ATi 5 series card gets 30 - 40 fps in Metro 2033 when all on high at 2560 x 1440 and the newer macs get 80 + in most games in the normal 1920 res bfbc2 , portal 2 , crysis 2 etc..

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/laboratory/362821-my-pc-no-longer-3.html

The advantage of this is the Imacs can run Windows 7 just like it does on PC ..... as a secondary bootable O/S for games when i need as they are Intel based CPU's.. You just have to adjust the res to suit as 2560 x 1440 on the 27 " screen is a ridiculous res to run in a game...

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  12. SpartanGrug

SpartanGrug Retired Captain

To be honest, I think the speed of whatever core you get will be the bigger decider. I honestly don't think there is too much difference between the dual vs quad cores for single application usage at the moment. If your processor is running around the 3Ghz mark you should be ok. Extra cores are handy for keeping the background apps away from your primary gaming pipeline but with the way applications are coded - not many are able to scale up to use all cores available.

That said I have an Intel i5-2500 (3.3GHz which jumps up to 3.8Ghz when needed - not sure how that works :p ), 8GB RAM, MSI GTX560 1Gb Twin Frozr and Win7 64bit.
    Currently run BC2 max'ed with 16xAF and 16xAA @1920x1080 V-Sync on with all smooth performance. :)

13. BaRRaS

BaRRaS Well-Known Member

Now?

Rica likes this.
  14. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

The verdict is in...

Rica likes this.
  15. Redgum

Redgum Retired Captain

that was so bad it was great! Thanks Purg

16. Binary-Ninja

lol still needed to be a pic of bobby kottick

17. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought that was a pic of him being excreted...