Blizzard reeks of desperation.

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Lurch, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

With just a few days before Guild Wars 2, hands the smack down, upon the candy arses of all existing MMO's, Blizzard yet again pulls another act of desperation.

Blizzard Offers 75% Off World of Warcraft Prices

First it was launching the Panda Express Patch, the same day GW2 launches, now they are offering a 75% sale on all existing WoW products. Then again, you are still paying $59.99 to get into the game, so really its still the full cost of a new game, but this time you're buying something that's been around since 2004! :rolleyes:

Blizzard knows they are going to take a hiding, this just proves how scared they really are. :eek:

2. xenoph

xenoph Retired Captain

They've had sales several times before. And I would find it quite normal to be one now for new players interested in MoP, as paying full price for the whole set of expansions is very costly.

And using 'it's been around since 2004' would only mean that you pay $59.99 for 8 years of content that you can play around with.

3. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Because no other MMO developer has done the same sort of thing before......:rolleyes:

Seems to me by the tone of your post this is nothing more than a jaded GW2 fan.

FYI, they did the same sort of sales before Cata.

4. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Seems to me by the tone of your post this is nothing more than a jaded WoW fan.

5. merwood

merwood Active Member

Now now . Play nice

6. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Here's the worst Blizzard news I could find reported in what seemed like a reasonable tone: WOW Subscriptions Drop, Blizzard Lays Off 600 Staff | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

So they still have 10.2 million people paying to play WoW every month (I realise not all of those are paying $15 a month). And having another sale is a sign of desperation?

I wish I was desperate like they must be, and I'm sure plenty of developers would like to be equally desperate. Come on, its just sound business sense. A new shiny competitor comes along, so you undercut them on price for your old product. Ain't exactly new....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. Dravius

Dravius Getting Started

Late 2012 and people are still making 'zomg this game is going to be a wow killer' threads.

Do people really still get boners at the prospect of WoW losing subs?

8. dday_0612

dday_0612 Well-Known Member

This is "The Older Gamers"... Very few boners around here... I can speak for myself.