Blizzard's Hearthstone

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by peejosity, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Nah I don't want to eBay. My thinking was more along the line of that I prefer the "Pay-for-Beta-Access" model that some developers are going down.

2. an00bis

an00bis World of Warcraft: Vice Captain

I have a friend in the Beta and he said that it is not allowed by Blizzard which means it's a no no for Tog too.

3. Kaliante

Kaliante Getting Started

Blizzard emailed a beta key to me today, so it seems a new wave of invitations has started.

4. Juganort

Juganort Retired Captain

Yeah I just received one a few minutes ago :)

5. Vaiai

Vaiai Active Member

Congrats guys! I am desperate for one as I've been watching this for a while I love watching all the streams and it looks a lot of fun! I even started playing MTG on iPad while I wait :) I still enjoy Scrolls but the design and simplicity of Hearthstone really appeals.

6. Vaiai

Vaiai Active Member

Btw - I recommend TotalBiscuit's Lord of The Arena series on his YouTube or Force Strategy's stream. Also check Twitch for loads of ppl playing like TrumpSC and Kripparian.

7. Juganort

Juganort Retired Captain

For some reason I thought this would be available on iphone :( Looks cool but I cant see it getting any gameplay over Call of Duty. Sad Jugs. I wish someone else could have used my beta key.

8. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

They are building an iPad client, currently in internal testing.

9. Bucket.jdm

Bucket.jdm Active Member

I managed to get a key of my flat mate as she was giving one the other day. I played for a few hours then spent 60 nzd for 40 packs and to be honest i think it was well worth the cost. I only managed two legendary cards but with all the golden cards rares and epics it has made building decks so much easier and is helping out a lot when i am pvping. My only issue now is i have to many cards i want to put in my decks and not enough space for them.

10. Wayah

Wayah Active Member

I'm on the hunt for a beta key myself. Been watching TotalBiscuits lord of the arena on the train and just itching to give it a go myself!

11. Juganort

Juganort Retired Captain

Ahh very good, thankyou :) I've been giving this a run over the past few days just to try it out and now Im completely hooked. I dropped $50 on card packs last night, and with another single deck purchase I managed to get 3 Legendary cards out of pure luck. I've spent every spare minute on the net looking up decks and guides etc etc.. Bloody video games! :p

12. Creations

Creations Getting Started

A great video series to learnt he game and card values is run by "Chairman" on youtube and each week they go through every card specific to classes and value how good the card is a quick run down of why it is good or bad etc.

Great info for people learning the rope such as myself.

ChanmanV - YouTube

13. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Yay! I got a key.

So far I've spent about 10 hours in the game, still loving it.

Not convinced I'll spend money on it yet, getting 2 packs a week through Daily Quests seems ok so far.

14. peejosity

peejosity Active Member

Glad you are enjoying it :) I got over it pretty quick, found it too simple compared to MTG. Also, people who've spent $ on the game will have better cards, and therefore be able to beat you easily if you don't spend $. So i'll pass for now. My wife is really enjoying it though. Been playing every second she can! :O

15. Creations

Creations Getting Started

Arena removes the balance of those who buy packs for legendaries, but sadly the entry cost is too high if you dont get a decent amount of wins for gold rewards.

16. Spinn

Spinn Getting Started

I am still looking forward to it. I know it won't have the complexity of MTG but with a baby on the way the idea of having a simple card game, that i can play quickly on an ipad and still have some level of thought will be awesome.

I am also looking at Hex TCG when it comes out. It might be more up your alley Peej as it feels like MTG and has some MMORPG aspects to it as well.

17. Setanta

Setanta Active Member

Thoroughly loving the beta. It leaves MTGO's sub-par client for dead and the game is quick and fun. It still needs some tweaking, and they are balancing heavily but I'm enjoying myself as a jump-in, jump-out game.

Doing the dailies nets you gold for Arenas but I have lashed out real cash for Arena as well because it's fun. I've scored quite a few gold cards, they look fantastic and last night pulled a golden Ysera after I hit 3 losses with my Arena deck.

I'd recommend the game to anyone that likes TCGs (I still have my MTG cards that go back to Beta/UL/Arabian Nights :) ).

18. xawier

xawier Getting Started

If anyone would have a free key i would love one! :D if not well ill have to wait for open beta :)

19. Spinn

Spinn Getting Started

Join the club.. I currently just watch the streams each night and die a little inside. :( Can i play nnoooooowwwwW?????

20. MajesticKai

MajesticKai Just Joined

Hex TCG invites are nearly all sent , check your emails guys.

MoarGaimz4Athene