Buying a Xbox One/PS4

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by DanYouFool, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DanYouFool

DanYouFool Getting Started

Hi guys, I have just gotten a nice bonus from work and want to use part of it to finally get into the next generation of console gaming. I love my PC but I hate the restrictions I have for what I can play (no Halo or Madden), so I need to pick between an Xbox One and a PS4. I have always been an Xbox fan boy (I got 100,000 gamerscore just playing 360) so that is something swaying me, but I am just not happy with what I have seen from the Xbox One and Microsoft. Even Halo looks like it has gone really down hill while Playstation is killing it from what I have seen. Is it just a PR thing and Sony is way better at it?

What are your opinions on the matter? Another thing that I am considering is waiting for the One X but I don't want to wait for it and I am 100% sure that it will not be working properly on launch. The PS4 pro is out and seems to be getting great reviews but that is almost half of my bonus gone. I don't know, I think I am just rambling at this point sorry everyone. Any input is welcome and I appreciate everyone who read this through :)

I took a longish time to think about this (longer than my GF thought I should) and I ended up going with the Xbox One. I thought this would give me access to any of the exclusives that I want to play and don't end up being rubbish plus I can play older generation Xbox games and even earn Gamerscore on them, plus the Games with Gold can usually be downloaded onto an Xbox One. I also decided to go used as I could get a nice bundle for cheaper and then resell it when the One X comes out and I should not be spending too too much cash. I found a used Gears of War bundle on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/xbox-bundle (Xbox Bundle for sale in UK | 80 second hand Xbox Bundles) and I am falling in love with Gears all over again. Now I just need to buy the latest Madden :p

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

I read it. :)

Brand loyalty comes to mind for things I do in life. Purchases, Trophies and achievements all come into the decision. You have made a start with the Xbox. The Xbox One X is a good machine and you could be right, there maybe teething problems on the first batch sold but in the end you will still have warranty to cover it. Do you have existing friend who you game with on this system? Online or in Real Life? Have you got Trophies, achievements you want to continue with. If you jump ship you start all over again. For some this is not a problem as they don't hold as much value to some as others.

eg. Not sure why. I'm an Apple iPhone and iPad user but I have a PC. My wife and I share the account and we both have devices. The next renditions are expensive but more then likely I will be buying one and another for my wife. We may even go deeper again with an Apple TV. On the console side for me we have always had a Playstation. We have 3x Pro machines at present, traded in our previous PS4's. Mine, my 25 year old son and my wife. We also still have our 3x PS3 machines and a PS2 machine.

Yes I'm not giving you a direct answer just asking you to look at it in more depth. What will you loose over what you will gain.

For the record, PS4 only has an upscale for 4k. Xbox One X will be dedicated 4K. The better machine could be the Xbox One X at this stage but that doesn't mean Sony will not reconsider their situation. If you remember Xbox had CD but no BlueRay initially.

3. DanYouFool

I really like the reply actually. I do have some friends that I used to play with on Xbox and I haven't really played with them in years since they all moved onto the One. And I would love to continue my gamerscore, I don't try for achievements much at the moment but if things continue the way they are I might have a lot more free time. Maybe I will look at getting a used Xbox One so I can trade it back for a One X when they come out, it would probably work out better that way financially. Thanks for making me take a deeper look :)

4. Paddy

Paddy World of Warcraft Leader -= SILVER Patreon =-

don't forget to have a look at the exclusive titles, some of these may sway your decision.
    personally i would only have a playstation or pc.

5. DanYouFool

I h
    I have never been too bothered by Playstation exclusives, what are you keeping your eye on?

6. Paddy

Paddy World of Warcraft Leader -= SILVER Patreon =-

gran turismo, horizon dawn DLC

7. DanYouFool

I am not much of a fan of racing games, but Horizon Dawn looks interesting. I don't know if it interesting enough to sway me from the Xbone I am considering though...

8. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Active Member

Hey mate I will had my 3 secs worth. Get the console that matches the games you like to play. That's it PS/Xbox fan boys are morons and generally don't have a clue. So get what you want and stuff the rest of them :)