Camelot Unchained

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Spiggy, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Spiggy

Spiggy Well-Known Member

Being developed by Marc Jacobs.

Camelot Unchained is a MMORPG built upon three main pillars of gameplay, RvR, crafting and housing. It features a 100% RvR-based leveling track for all combat (non crafter) classes. All leveling comes from engaging in RvR whether by fighting other players, capturing objectives, and/or crafting objects to help in RvR. There will be NPCs (guards, fauna, etc.) but you cannot use them to level your character.

Camelot Unchained draws a lot of inspiration from both “old school” and modern games. We want Realm Pride & racial differences that matter, a crafter-only led economy with no auction houses but with player shops and bazaars. Player’s abilities/skills increase by deeds not by earning generic EXP. Magical items will not be found like road-kill on highways but must be made by our crafters and not dropped by raid bosses. Our housing system allows players to construct everything from huts to mines, and to fortify and rebuild massive structures. So far, we have committed to 12 races and classes at launch plus a unique pure “crafter-only” class and that number can go up, not down, over the next two years.

Camelot Unchained is a subscription-based and it will not transition to a free-to-play game nor will it allow a mixed FTP + PTP community outside of Asia (though Asian players can play on US/European severs). The game will also not have a cash shop for other than “old school” services like server moves.
    If you long for an RvR game that isn’t how to continually “monetize” you that draws on the literature/lore of everything from Arthur to Yggdrasil, welcome to your new home!

Camelot Unchained

2. morroIan

morroIan Active Member

I'm a founder and recently upgraded to a lifetime sub. Its gonna be a long wait until next year, although I do have alpha access.

3. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

I'm also a backer for Beta access, I think.