Can grandmothers be gamers?

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by serene, Apr 20, 2007.

1. serene

serene Just Joined

Hi, I am female, german, married to a brit and spend years in NZ
    and am now living again in germany. Oh, am a midwife by trade.
    To stay on this side of sanity started gaming 2 years ago after son nr 3 showed me some stuff. He now wishes he hadnt :)
    Have several chars, some of them end game in WOW, but taking a break from it as the game has started to become depressive after TBC. Wow players will
    know what I am talking about. A game should remain fun imo.
    Am now dabbling in LOTRO and need mature contacts, getting a bit lonely in there.
    Vital statistics are only given out to family:)
    Will this do for an application?

2. eesx

eesx Active Member

Greetings! Our friends in the admin department are a bit finicky about you adding;
    You are 25 years of age or older.
    You have read our AUP and FAQ and agree to it's terms and conditions.

I think it would be pretty tough to be a granny under 25...(attempts to work out the math) ...but so I don't have to strain my brain, its worth just tossing it in :)

Otherwise...glad you found us! I can understand where you're coming from with WoW...I felt a bit burnt out a while ago. LOTRO has been getting a pretty strong following recently, so you should find yourself right at home :)

3. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

4. Liesse

Liesse Getting Started

Welcome to TOG!

I'm glad you want to join us in Middle Earth. Once an admin grants you acccess to the rest of the site, do drop by this thread in the LOTRO forum and add your character to the list. We'll get you an invite into the Kinship as soon as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you in game!

"Gramdmother Goblin-Slayer" has a rather nice ring to it, doesn't it? :D

5. serene

serene Just Joined

oops

1. You are over 25 years of age? I sure am, twice....sigh

2. You have read the AUP & FAQ? I did, yes and liked the content

3. You have read the forum/server guidlines? Ofc I have read them, trust no one, I say....

I really thought telling you all my family status would make it clear that I am way over 25. Ah well, officialdom rules everywhere.
    Btw am on Evernight server, chars are Serene, human Burglar, and Serenissima, elf Loremaster.

6. Murrh

Murrh Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG :)
    There are quite a few toogs around (the older older gamers - from the front page article)
    My mum plays LOTRO with me (And WoW and FFXI lol) - you two are about the same age :)
    We are on the LOTRO NA servers however :( The EURO team will love to have you aboard Im sure!

-Murrh-

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
    Whitewulf likes this.
  7. serene

serene Just Joined

reply to Murrh

Txs for those words.
    I have just been talking to my daughter in law, she and her hubby also play wow amongst other games. I have sent her a link for this site.
    My old guild(mostly mature players) in Wow is a lovely guild and I really miss some good friends there now. But quite a few have left for the same reasons as I did and some have gone to Lotro. We will see, if we can find each other again some time.

Whitewulf likes this.
  8. Latch

Latch Well-Known Member

9. Jakob_Pavlov

Jakob_Pavlov Retired Captain

Enjoy,
    Jakob

10. Liesse

Liesse Getting Started

Serene -- any friend you have from other games will be more than welcome to find a home with ToG too. The Order of Gilthoniel in LOTRO would love to have them -- as well as you of course. ;)

11. Bor@c

Bor@c Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG! Please stop by the COD division forums, check in with the peeps there, and find out what COD is all about and what the really really dark side of TOG is playing. JK. You will be more than welcome to stop by and say hello. Once again welcome.

12. serene

serene Just Joined

warm and fuzzy

Thank< for all the nice warm greetings!
    I will explore the inner forums as soon as I get permission

13. Hardnut

Hardnut Lord of the Rings Leader

Hi Serene and welcome to TOG. We'll look out for you in game and inite just as soon as you've been TOG admin'd

Cheers
    Nut

14. Afan

Afan Active Member

Just another quick post to say welcome and I'll update the kinship list as soon as you get access to the forum.

15. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You will now have full access to all parts of the TOG website
    • All TOG member only forums
    • All member only areas of the website
    Undoubtedly you want to get started and the best place to start is to visit the main forum for the game in which you are interested, have a read of the sticky posts and other threads that catch your attention.

Introduce yourself and ask any further questions you may have. TOG Members are very helpful so don't be shy....ask away:)

The social heart of TOG can be found in “The Lounge Room”. There are lively discussions on many subjects as well as information on real life get TOGethers. If you want to know the other TOG members across the whole of TOG visit the Lounge Room.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Got a Technical problem?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Visit TOG's very own Laboratory Forum & see the cage full of helpful Geeks. Not only can they assist in your troubleshooting, but they also like to help with upgrade & new computer advice. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]DISCLAIMER: use the Geeks' advice at your own risk. They are just TOG members like you & may not be fully qualified computer technicians;)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Oh No! Ive signed up with the lamest nick name on the Internet! :eek:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No worries:) Our fully trained forum Administrators can help. Simply post your request for a name change in 'The Desk' forum & the Admins will leap into action & change it for you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]DISCLAIMER: The Admins don't do too much 'leaping into action' these days....it was just a figure of speech. :roll:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don’t forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! [/FONT]

16. serene

serene Just Joined

Hallo and thanks for accepting me as member.
    I was so free and looked up Liesse in Lotro and joined the kinship already.
    Now for some browsing in forums.....

17. bhazy

bhazy Getting Started

Welome hope to see you out there soon
    Regards bhazy

18. Who_Me

Who_Me Retired Captain

Welcome to LotRO.

W_M