Catweazle has popped in to say "Hello"

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Catweazle, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Catweazle

Catweazle Getting Started

Gippsland Lakes region, Victoria, Australia
    Hello older gamers!

I've come across the TOG website in the past from time to time, and read some of the front page articles with interest on occasion, but it wasn't until one of the members, aussiepope popped up at PCPowerplay forums (where I'm forum Admin) that I've taken the time to register as a member and have a look at your Forum. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that TOG was originally yet another contribution made by my wonderful land of Oz.

The time I spend at PCPP forum, and my contribution there, is personal recreation. In real life I'm a 'techie' journalist with a very successful mainstream PC monthly magazine. Four grown children and 8 grandchildren certainly make me an "older gamer", but unfortunately time constraints also make me very much a "casual gamer" as well. These days I spend far more time installing games to troubleshoot other people's problems than I do to actually play them for my own enjoyment.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the 'Catweazle' nickname available for use here on a forum which has been in operation for quite some time. I've used it for a number of years and in a lot of places. I even used it for a 'Tech news' column for a short while, before a rather serious illness saw me discontinuing that particular writing gig.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about you all :)

[​IMG]

2. Catweazle

Oh my goodness. I just now "twigged" that entering full details and agreeing to terms of service during the registration procedure isn't enough, and that an explicit statement in this forum section is a requirement. Sorry about that.

I, Catweazle, being sound of body and not yet suffering from any debilitative diseases of the faculties, do hereby acknowledge that:

* I have read all necessary documentations and agreed to the requirements stipulated with them.
    * That I fulfil all requirements stipulated as essential to involvement within this forum community, including the requirement that I be of the requisite age or older.
    * That I really AM older.
    * That I am eagerly anticipating the capacity to actually access your forum and view the activity which is conducted within it.

Cheers all :)

P.S. Sorry for the double post. In this circumstance I thought it may be warranted :(

3. Aide

Aide Well-Known Member

Hi Catweazle,

Looks like you have covered all the details - with a flourish too I might add :) An admin should be along shortly to "toggerise" you :)

Aide.

4. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You will now have full access to all parts of the TOG website
    • All TOG member only forums
    • All member only areas of the website
    Undoubtedly you want to get started and the best place to start is to visit the main forum for the game in which you are interested, have a read of the sticky posts and other threads that catch your attention.

Introduce yourself and ask any further questions you may have.
    You will find other TOG members most helpful if you take the time to ask any questions you may have.

The social heart of TOG can be found in “The Lounge Room”, where any topic is being discussed and debated. If you want to know the other TOG members across the whole of TOG visit the Lounge Room.
    Want to know when the next real life get together is of TOG members, again the lounge room is the place to be.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too, feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don’t forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers!
    [/FONT]

5. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Hello and welcome to TOG :)

6. Catweazle

Thanks for the activation and the kind words of welcome. I've made a sacrificial offering here, in the Lounge, to introduce myself a little better. I hope you all enjoy it.

:)

7. ausgamer

ausgamer Active Member

Nice detailed application.:biglol::bighappy: Welcome to the TOG's mate when you get a chance check out the CODII forums

Cheers

8. WeaselSuit

WeaselSuit Getting Started

Hi and welcome to TOG! :)

9. ContraVersE

ContraVersE Retired Captain

Pleased to make your acquaintance! Welcome to TOG! :)

10. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome to TOG mate :)