Chronicles of Elyria: Finally Defining The 'True' Sandbox MMO Experience

Discussion in 'Games: Member articles & research.' started by Vell, Sep 15, 2015.

1. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

UK, Bletchley - home of the codebreakers!
    Thanks :) I was surprised that there wasn't a blog on mmorpg for CoE and since they always display a list of new blogs on their front page, it seemed like a good time to get one up there - just a little more publicity on the run up to the kickstarter.

Speaking of which, I'll be supporting it. The more I find out about the game, the more I like it. I hope it does well...

2. Breg_Magol

Breg_Magol Just Joined

This looks AMAZING!

Will consider the kick starter carefully as I've been burned (subjective) before; but really this does look very promising.

3. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

Latest combat video...looking good. Actually, considering it's pre-alpha, it's looking very good!

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

5. Mormi

Mormi Well-Known Member

I was following this with a good deal of hope that a really good RPG might come out of it, but that hope has been dashed by the combat and parkour videos.
    It seems to me this game is now following the trend of recent high profile MMOs and turning into persistent world FPS with no combat reward for building your character and only rewarding those with low ping and fast twitch keyboard skills.
    So as a partly disabled veteran on the wrong side of 50 that is rarely able to get under 300 ping to US servers, I guess I'll have to keep hoping that mmoRPG genre has not died completely.

I'm sure at some stage I will give the game a try as I love the idea of aging characters and a constantly changing and evolving world but I fear the game will collapse into griefing central as soon as you leave the safe town areas.

In the meantime I will stick with Project Gorgon.

6. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

I'll be hoping to avoid combat as much as possible as well. Never been that good at pvp :)

I decided to back it because you don't actually have to be out there waving a sword around to have an impact on the world.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see wrt the griefing thing. They've done just about all they can to come up with a system that tries to balance the victim-perpetrator roles without making the penalty for either side too severe.

To me this one just seem like a breath of fresh air and, as someone else said on mmorpg.com, the disappointment of the game not launching due of lack of funds will be greater than the pain from losing a small amount of money. Remember, kickstarters are not investments, they're donations. From my point of view, a donation that's worthwhile for the chance of finally seeing the game I've always hoped someone would make.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  7. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

Kickstarter is going really well. We're halfway through day five and at 70% funding (635k of the 900k goal). I'm getting quite optimistic that this might actually happen!

8. Daworm

Daworm Survivalist Games: ARK Leader

9. Doc Glock

Doc Glock Active Member

Decided to back game on KS (and vote it up on steam) tonight. Still wondering if enough folks from TOG will be playing.

10. Daworm

Daworm Survivalist Games: ARK Leader

For those still following.

They've just launched their store (like 10 minutes ago as of posting) - https://chroniclesofelyria.com/shop

Note at the moment you can only use over-pay credit that you added on during the KS this is due to a change in the payment gateway vendor changing their test server API logic and SBS not being advised, this will come up in the next 24-hours.

11. Doc Glock

Doc Glock Active Member

12. wildscarr

wildscarr Active Member

just wondering why you chose that county. do you know of many toggers in that county? I was thinking of starting an association just for Toggers would be nice if we could be in the same area.

13. wildscarr

wildscarr Active Member

Seems as most of the Toggers that are playing the game are now gathering in this discord channel https://discord.gg/7uSRFPM Thanks to Doc Glock.
    there will be a Q&A in here tuesday 9pm EST (US Time) 1am GMT, this will be a kingdom on US-east coast server.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016