Chronicles of Elyria (indie MMO kickstart on May 3rd)

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by OzzieWorm, May 2, 2016.

1. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

Hi All - I've been posting in Vell's thread over here but the KS is now live so why not create a thread in the more suitable section to discuss this.

Are you planning on backing the Kickstarter? Are you interested in COE? Got any concerns or worries? Post below.

----------------
    ------------
    If you're not sure on what this is about and you haven't already, see the first link to Vell's thread, great initial write-up.

If you haven't yet and you want to - Signup on the COE website itself and drop my refer code in: B0E240 - If you've already signed up but never used a referred code: go here

---------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ---------------------------

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Kaladan likes this.
  2. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Getting Started

3. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

UK, Bletchley - home of the codebreakers!
    I only came across this one a couple of weeks ago and really liked what I saw. I've done my bit wrt the kickstarter, now we just sit and wait and fidget till the target is hit (keeping everything crossed)...

4. OzzieWorm

They've hit $188K (20%) of their goal in 5 hours.

If you do back and so TOG can get a solid foot-hold in the game, considering a $10-addon. You'll get a choice of guild or village token, which means if someone picks up the guild or village addon, we can provide a code to that person and it provides perks to our starting setup. IE: more land/influence etc.

They will update the KS page with more details on this soon too.

EDIT: Added a kicktraq to OP

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

This is going really well. We're at 38% of the target after just one day, nearly 350k.

6. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Getting Started

That's it, CoE made it - based on any known Kickstarter metrics or prediction tool, they will at least break a million.

My guess would be something between 1 and 1.5M, certainly not more.

7. OzzieWorm

If it keeps the current pace - they'll hit their goal on day 6 (approx).

If the current pace continues it's projected to be 4mil+. I'm guestimating 2.4-2.6 be end myself.

8. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

Interesting concept with the aging and dying. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Thanks for the info. I'd back it if I had some surplus $$$ Actually, there are a couple of games in development I'd back if I could.

9. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

Two days and it's 50% funded. That's amazing. If we can keep this up we'll have a new MMO, hopefully some time in 2017!

Copying the following from another post: For anyone sitting on the fence, it might be worth considering that a $25 pledge now (limited numbers left) gets you into the game when it launches. After Kickstarter, the cost of buying the game goes up to $50.

10. OzzieWorm

11. OzzieWorm

They've just broken $600K mark. $300K and 24 days to go :)

12. Merv

Merv Active Member

I want too, but can't afford to budget into any long term releases right now :(

13. OzzieWorm

Update #6 on Kickstarter campaign
    Read it here
    or below
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Kickstarter!

Time for the daily update. To kick things off, Chronicles of Elyria remains the #2 most popular project on Kickstarter after 6 days and today passed the 70% funding mark! Achievement unlocked!

Furthermore, our backers are going strong. While it was a quiet Sunday for the most part, we did manage to bring in 50% more in pledges today than we did yesterday! So great job getting the word out everyone!

As a side note, there's only about 30% of our Elyrian and 20% of our Patron Early Birds left. The Founder and Ursaphant Rider Early Bird tiers are all gone! If you've got friends who are interested in backing, encourage them to do so soon. The Early Birds will likely be gone within the next couple of days.

Finally, the real purpose of Today's update: I wanted to take this opportunity, on Mother's Day, to thank all the mothers out there. As a father of two children myself, and the child of a single mother I've had first-hand opportunity to see how difficult parenting is, and especially for moms.

But in particular, I wanted to thank the moms and wives of the people on my team here at Soulbound Studios. My team is as passionate and committed to completing Chronicles of Elyria as any team has every been passionate about something. And, as I always tell my team, it's better to crunch early in a project, by choice, than late in a project by necessity. As a result of our enthusiasm for the work we do, as well as our desire to produce something of high quality, the moms and wives of Soulbound Studios have worked extra hard in their roles as mom the last couple of months, even with jobs themselves.

So let me end today's update by simply saying "Thank You," to the mom's of Soulbound Studios. We really appreciate that you're working hard so we can work hard. We owe you a foot massage... and chocolate. Not that waxy chocolate... the good stuff.

-Jeromy Walsh

14. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  15. OzzieWorm

We got a sneak peek at the War Trison.

[​IMG]

16. lunawisp

lunawisp Active Member

I know it's early days and we have no idea of numbers, etc. yet but any thoughts on what we're going to do here? Are we looking towards a guild presence? We'll need to know by the end of Kickstarter since that's when we need to tell them what addons we want, I think!

Oh, and the good news is that we've passed 810k, that's 90% :)

17. OzzieWorm

Not sure. Need those interested and/or backing to step up and comment. I know there's been a lot register through vell ref code originally. But it's whether or not they are still around/tracking is another matter.

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683104865&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  18. Doc Glock

Doc Glock Chronicles of Eylria Officer

I'm interested. Just backed on KS tonight (Count) and will be checking to see what TOG will be doing with this game.

19. OzzieWorm

I'm hoping we get a strong following of players too.

** New Update - Stretch Goals coming with community vote on what to focus on link **

20. OzzieWorm

Well they're now funded ($917K as of this post) and stretch goals are going to be incoming soon.