City of Heroes goes hybrid

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Sente, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I hope everything is good in the Beta, no bad bugs or glitches , so it can go live soon

2. Sente

Sente Active Member

Any major issues were already caught in closed beta I would say. There are bugs and issues being reported in VIP beta, but most of them are minor.

My guess is possibly one more update in beta before going live, which I think would mean another 2-3 weeks in VIP beta. However, they may decide it is not necessary with running another build in the beta.

One indication about when Freedom will launch is that the current free trial program will be discontinued on August 17th - you cannot open up a new free trial account from that date, but anyone that has created a free trial account before that can run it to its completion. Since I believe that is 14 days that gives another two weeks time.

Also currently the Winter Chalet is open until August 28th as a mini event. My guess is that the update will take place on September 30th the earliest, since they usually update on Tuesdays.

3. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Right on . .
    got a new addiction right now so I can wait till everything goes live.
    Not sure why I cannot have had my existing closed account opened for the beta :?, but makes me wonder if I'll even get to use it. I mean I'm getting the impression I may have to pay then cancel

any ways my new addiction is DAZ 3D .. here's some of what I have done in the last 6 days Hope the link works, first time posting the gallery, I can link the images no problem never tried doing a link to the gallery itself
    https://artzone.daz3d.com/index.php?/gallery/user/va/&aid=56772

4. Sente

Sente Active Member

Only active accounts, i.e. future VIPs, have access to the beta.

Paragon Studios announced that you can buy the game now for 2 dollars, until August 29th/30th. That will include 400 paragon points. Seeing this makes me think they will very likely do the release on August 30th.

Announcing the Declaration of Freedom Sale on the NCsoft Store! | City of Heroes® : The Worlds Most Popular Superpowered MMO

Also, they have now wiped all characters in beta and put on a new update, which seems to only include what will be available at Freedom launch. Earlier beta releases also included some stuff that will be released a bit after Freedom/Issue 21.

Created a new Beam Rifle/Time Manipulation corruptor today and ran through the tutorial and jumped in on the new lowbie trial (Death from Below), which I had not tried before - good fun and a quick 5 levels (started at level 2 and was level 7 when it ended).