COD2 - Accused of hacking then ban?

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by kedderz, Jan 25, 2006.

1. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

Ahoy TOG'rs, ive played with many of your cod2 division in Node, GA and your own public server. Ive had many fun nights with some very close games! Tonight however I played with almost all TOG players on your server and after a few good rounds I was accused of hacking. I dont hack and politely said to the accuser to please spectate me and see that I die just as much as the rest of you and miss an awful lot of shots.

The accuser did nothing of the kind and promptly banned me from the server. Now, i like playing on there when its not passworded as i get ~25 ping to it and would like to talk to someone if possible about a review of the ban.

Thanks,
    Adrian (Kedderz) Klaebe

2. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Ahoy backatcha Kedderz. I wasn't present when the ban occurred but have been in game with you a few times in the past week or so. It's perhaps unfortunate that at the moment, without anything like Punkbuster for CoD2, a lot of good players are being accused of hacking. Having said that though, we don't ban players from our servers as readily as you make it sound. I'm sure that you were speccied by a few before any action was taken and that whoever did spec had reason to believe that you may be using a wallhack or the like before saying anything or taking any action.

Please understand that I'm not stating here that you were, but that I will gather info about the incident from those that were present and get back in touch with you. Thanx for bringing this to my attention and I will get back to you soon as possible
    Cheers
    FeRaL

1 person likes this.
  3. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

thanks feral. I just find it a little irritating thats all :oops:
    Ive played on the server for quite a man weeks and never had a problem of being accused, and I understand and reqpect its your server and you have every right to ban who ever you suspect/spec.

I hope the pb patch comes out so I my scores will continue to be as good as they were before pb ;-)

thanks for your assistance.

4. GEEZA

GEEZA Retired Advisor

Hiya Kedderz,

Yep it was me that instigated the ban after having you specced for best part of half an hour. We'll show the demo to some of our other guys (much more knowledgeable than I ) and if it's all clear with them then we'll reinstate you with a bucket load of appologies. It certainly did look to me that you were spending a lot of time looking at walls but we all play in different ways don't we?

If I've made a blue here...I'm really sorry and I'll make it public in and out of our forums that I made a mistake so your rep isn't damaged. We made no announcement in game server either.

Feral will get it sorted one way or another.

5. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

thanks guys ;-) yes we all have different play styles and ill admit i get a bit lucky sometimes, but on the other hand i get owned too ;-)

thanks for the review on the ban, and ill await the response.

6. Mamba

Mamba Just Joined

First off, nicely handled by all parties here...always a pleasure to see problems resolved in a mature manner, wot?

And not to hijack the thread, but...I run a small private CoD:UO/CoD2 server and have often wondered about how to detect hacks. Once in awhile certain players just seem "too good" with both aim and position. If anyone could point me to tips on detection it'd be well received.

Cheers,

M

7. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

what the admins at node do is install said hacks and then replay the demos. If they see clear aiming through walls and tracking through walls then ban. Most of these people have separate systems/offline PCs to do this however as doing it on your main box MAY leave some files in place that will get picked up by PB (cod:uo+cod) or VAC2 (css/cs)

hope that helps

8. ContraVersE

ContraVersE Retired Captain

To be quite honest, a really good player with a very nice pair of noise-canceling headphones can usually be found "looking at walls" as they cock their head from side to side, listening for distant footsteps...

As for the aiming, the Thompson is a head-shot factory. I have received as many as 10 accusations in one day of hacking, and not a one of the them was correct. Playing with all the weapons and map-familiarization are also key to dominating play. I would have to say that a good 75% of this game is merely anticipation and getting a slight jump on your opponent.

At any rate, I'm confident that the boys will get you sorted out very soon. [​IMG]

9. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

sound is a very big part of this game and many people over look it. For those that have played with me im often at the top of the score table with very few deaths and as such am constantly called a hacker!:oops:
    Its gotten so ridiculous i have a bind stating that "Pb for COD2 will be out soon, you will see that I will continue to play as well as if not better when it is released. Untill then please spec/demo I have nothing to hide." :eek:

anyways, any update feral?

10. Mamba

Mamba Just Joined

Thanks kedderz...it does seem to be a hit/miss art unfortunately.

11. groovr

groovr Guest

you can get rid of ambiance in cod 2 cvar which helps you hear other people really well..............................................so ive heard .........:)

12. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Heya Kedderz! Have checked around and the evidence leaves you with the benefit of any doubt M8 & so you should now be able to join our servers again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but please understand that with the lack of any PB type system for CoD2 it leaves room for this sort of thing to happen as it makes us all more vigilant and hence suspicious.

We here at TOG have always taken a firm stance against any form of hacking regards all gamers including our own, so please keep that in mind when considering how this situation came about. I hope you will still frequent our server now that you can again and look forward to trading lead with ya soon.

As you stated, the MUCH NEEDED release of PB for CoD2 will sort the wheat from the chaff and those that are truly good players will still be around and just as good afterwards.

13. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

excellent thanks feral ;-)

any chance i could see the demo please? Id like to see it!

14. Hossy

Hossy Well-Known Member

me to pretty plz B)

15. kedderz

kedderz Just Joined

if it gets sent to me ill host it on mein webspace so all can see ;-)

16. Hossy

Hossy Well-Known Member

ok m8 thx;)

17. The_Fiddler

The_Fiddler Retired Administrator

I can't believe that they released such a big game wiht no anti-cheat whatsoever. BIG mistake.

Certainly stopped me considering purchase.

18. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Well-Known Member

Want demo. If he's this good, I want demo :)