PS4: Console advice (PS4 pro)

Discussion in 'Hardware Talk' started by Avonus, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Avonus

Avonus Active Member

So i am going to bite the bullet and get a PS4 pro in the next couple of months.
    Having been a PC gamer for 20+ years does anyone have any advice on getting use to console controllers.

Also looking for game recommendations.

Cheers

2. barduck

barduck Active Member

I always owned consoles (xbox, xbox 360 and now PS4) but I've been mainly PC gamer. Every time I get back to the console, the controller feels very awkward at first, especially aiming and moving with the analog sticks. I remind myself that the controller frustration usually passes after few hours of playing as I get use to it again. So the only advice I have is keep practicing.

Haven't played many PS4 games yet but I can wholeheartedly recommend Horizon Zero Dawn. Great graphics, well written story, fun gameplay. The only gripe I have is the annoying save mechanics that makes you go find special locations to save your progress. But this isn't something unique to this game, many console games use this inconvenient system.

Avonus likes this.
  3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

I agree New Horizon Zero Dawn is a great game. Take a look at Fallout 4 as well if you're into post apocalypse RPG's. If you like huge open world RPG's then you can't go wrong with Elder Scrolls Online.

The Witcher 3 is another great title.

First person shooters I'm still playing Destiny after three years. You can buy this game with all the expansions for cheap these days. Otherwise wait until Destiny 2 releases later this year. Big fan base so at launch it will be huge.

Big title out now is Mass Effect Andromeda. Visually stunning. It's supposed to be a new start for an old franchise. I will get my copy on Thu.

Avonus likes this.
  4. Avonus

Avonus Active Member

Have Fallout 4, ESO and The Witcher 3 on PC already.

Will definitely pick up Horizon Zero Dawn but may wait for Destiny 2 as its rumored to release end of August early September. Have my fingers crossed for RDR2 releasing this year.

5. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Oh hell yeah. Red Dead Redemption 2.