CS PLAYERS and MEMBERS wanted

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by BigNEO, Aug 4, 2004.

1. BigNEO

BigNEO Just Joined

Hi,

I saw the article in PC Gamer about this site and decided to check it out. My handle is BigNEO. I've started my own webpage, message board, server and clan. Our clan is called Detroit Plus Suburbs or for short [DPS]. I named it that because I was born and raised in Detroit, but got married and moved to the suburbs. My partner ( and Best Friend ) who co-founded the clan with me lives in Detroit, hence the name. Right now our membership is low, but we are hoping to improve on that. We would like to have more mature players for our clan and as players in our server.

We have a lot of custom maps loaded on the server and what I like to call "REMIXES". I use the term Remix because I discovered how to change the funtions in maps, ie changing De_Dust to CS_Dust or AS or even ES. I can also switch a TFC map into a CS map. I've learned how to add things to the map like banners that have your clan logo or simple messages like BOMBSITE with an arrow pointing to the site. That's REALLY helpful on custom maps where you do not know where the bombsites are.

If you are a CS player and are interesting in being part of an up and coming clan, please stop by our webpage and message board.

Thanks for your time.....

http://www.DetroitPlusSuburbs.com
    Come play on our server.
    Server Name: Detroit Plus Suburbs
    Server IP:67.15.24.187:27015

2. RASPUTIN

RASPUTIN Well-Known Member

Wh4ts th3 CS_Dust g4m3. N3v3r h34rd 0f 1t. Is 1t g00d?

3. BigNEO

BigNEO Just Joined

It's a REMIX. For Counter Strike. Do you have Counter Strike? If so....come by our webpage and play some CS.

4. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Hi mate, thanks for dropping by. Not many of us play CS around here. I am waiting for the apparent CS mod for HL2 though. I'll be giving that a go :!:

*waits for Fox* :p

5. Belta

Belta Active Member

Can someone tell me what the hell Counter Strike is ?????? :roll:

:p :lol:

6. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

Counter Strike is what is called a wall hack friendly, cheating whore, l4m3/2 game of no talent script kiddie gamers (with notible exceptions - looking up)

7. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

LMFAO War...don't hold back bro...tell us how you really feel ;)

You'll have to pardon my bro War there...he can be even more verbose then me at times (which is a terror in its own right) :twisted:

8. ContraVersE

ContraVersE Retired Captain

Boy this sure smacks of a blatant recruiting exploit...is it customary to go to other clan/community sites to recruit for your own clan?

9. viking

viking Retired Advisor

hi

Hi mate glad you stopped by as you can tell not many play CS :wink: :D

10. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

LMAO at Warbear he pull's no punches thats for sure :) Thanks for dropping by BigNeo and as already stated we dont have many CS players, but wish you luck in your search for like-minded gamers 8)

11. Joe_Black

Joe_Black Active Member

I bought CS. I played CS for about 2 hours. I reached for my CoD... the rest is history...

12. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I just can't wait to see what the script kiddie goat whore ****ing wall hak freaks do with HL2!

It's not the game I don't like - I enjoy the game. It's 95% of the players that give me the irits... and that's almost how much I hate the French! With noteble exceptions of current, and future TOG members.

13. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi mate,

Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately CS isn't big in TOG, probably because all our reflexes are too shot with old age.

But good luck with it - if any of your members are over 25 then they are welcome to come along here and join up with us! I might go over to your forums and invite 'em along hey?

14. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O That is just to damn funny Cailith :twisted:

15. Bennett

Bennett Active Member

*Racks the memory banks for the last time he played CS* Hmm, I think it was back in 1926. Back in the day of the Kaiser. :p

Honestly though, I don't think I've played it since around 1999 or 2000. Still amazed that it has such a presence on GA. Like Warbear, I was discouraged by the type of person (as a general rule) that played the game. :roll:

16. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

I really liked CS, it's one of the games that started me off in the the world of multiplayer fps (actually it was Duke Nukem 3d I think). I had a world of fun for years playing CS, long before 42, so giggle a bit when I hear it getting bagged.

I'm told there are lots of cheaters and its easy to hack now, but I don't see anyone complaining about the gameplay - in fact some of the game modes I preffered to BF. Such as the one when you die you stay dead until that games over - that made for a totally different experience - the crazy suicidal rush people (that BF is full of) lasted all of about 30 seconds then they where out for the rest of the game =- made it a more tactical game. If I could avoid the cheaters I'd play it again in a flash.

17. Major_Mess

Major_Mess Retired Captain

Give America's Army a go Wolf Web, that's exactly how it works.

18. RASPUTIN

RASPUTIN Well-Known Member

Yep I agree. AA is such a good game. I just wish I had more time to play it.

19. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator Administrator Moderator

CS!!

* cough * choke * cough *

:wink:

Good luck mate - hope it works for you ... be we're a little - um - over that game. Mostly. :roll: