DC Applications!

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Rickety, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

2. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

What kind of poor sap would want to look after us ?

3. Ballad

Ballad Star Citizen Officer

hmm think cahiry just volunteered :D

(hi btw)

4. Doc Glock

Doc Glock Chronicles of Eylria Officer

He gets my vote!;)

5. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

hmmmmm...

6. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

Sounds like a volunteer to me.:p

7. Cahiry

I have enough trouble looking after myself, and my basement isn't big enough for everyone.

DC criteria
    Management and resolution skills. - I'm Ex Navy, my resolution skills would involve a Ring, pair of boxing gloves under the Aft turret and beat each other senseless until you get along lol, used to work really well to tell the truth.

8. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

Sometimes I think we need to.

I know it's still the first day but I wonder if anybody has applied.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  9. Cahiry

I'm always happy to help out and slap people around when required , but don't have the time to be a DC these days.

10. Snowbull

Snowbull Retired Moderator

Being a DC can be one of the most thankless jobs there is, it can also be one of the most rewarding.

Sometimes you need to be the brick wall when it comes to resolving issues, TOG has some high and uncompromising standards that people need to measure up to and in those you need to be a paragon and lead by example but you also have the support of the Modmin team in enforcing adherence to TOG's requirements.

Also as the DC you should keep your eyes down the track, where the division is going and how to get there, you have a team of Guild Leaders and officers who should then lead and assist the guild in getting there by following your lead and also showing what it means to be 'TOG' in the game.

One big thing to expect with all new Divisions imo is that you will soon after release or shortly after people start to settle down see factions forming.. Usually it involves such things as the more hard core players and the more casual players having differing goals and needs. If you don't plan for this and try to provide for both as best you can it might generate some friction that everyone can best do without. But don't let any of it frustrate you.. TOGgers are a good bunch overall and most are reasonable and will listen and try to be good guild mates and understand that not everyone plays the same way. .

Most of all you need to remember that as TOG we respect the abilities of all players no matter what their skill levels are and some will never want to be at the pinnacle of achievement or on the bleeding edge of exploration but others will want to be.

A DC with good supporting officers can make a division so much fun for all, You will have to give up some of your scarce playing time to do the admin work of getting your views across to your officers and listen to their input. The officers will need to spend some of their time listening to the populace and condense the input from there to concise but representative chunks. You do not need to give up every playing moment to the role as you too are a player and deserve to enjoy the game itself for after all.. If you don't have a passion for the game then you will have a harder time being DC and if you do have that passion then you will want to play as well :)

Good luck to any who apply and know that there are people in Green to help you directly and people in Red to fall back on when the Greens need help themselves.

Zhul and Rickety like this.
  11. Cahiry

I still say Bigfoot ;)

12. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

That post should be used as a reference for prospective DCs, very informative and compelling. You really seem to have conveyed the idea of hitting the nail on the head, even to those that have no experience.

13. Grayman

Grayman Lord of the Rings Leader

Applications are not pouring in, are they?

I'd originally considered it back when the release date was first announced, but there are two reasons I'm reticent to self-nominate right now.

1. I never got into Beta, so I won't have the advanced understanding of how the game works on day one. That does seem important. (I actually (finally) got a Beta invite to the stress test a week ago but wasn't able to participate because of RL.)

2. I'm still a DC in the LOTRO division. Although there are a number of good people that could easily replace me over there a lot of them are considering a move to ESO as well, so until I see how that shakes out I'm reluctant to resign.

So my initial participation in ESO and a member of the TOG sponsored guild, which is definitely going to happen, will be as a player only.

14. Snowbull

Snowbull Retired Moderator

I think most who will apply won't actually post in here that they have Gray :) And I sure hope you and that lovely lady of yours play!

15. Grayman

Grayman Lord of the Rings Leader

We're both pre-ordering, and her sister Julie as well!

16. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

D'oh! Saw this and figured I best post up! I've no interest... blessed be the poor sod who volunteers for this position and a thank you for your time.

17. Xyth

Xyth Getting Started

I preordered (5 day head start) and would be happy to help our new DC setup the team, but actually being DC? Maybe when I retire from real life!

18. Brier

Brier Active Member

I am not a leading type but i am always willing to help in any way i can :).