DC PUG

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by Falc, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Falc

Falc Just Joined

Dear TOG members,

I got hit with an idea last night. Have you ever heard of a PUG? Pick Up Game? Basically it’s where you have 3 - 5 clans, mix them up into 2 teams and have a pub-like scrim. Get everyone into vent, put the teams into separate channels and… well…. HAVE FUN!! That’s really all it’s about, you having a great night with friends… or getting the chance to finally show up your fellow clan membe- I mean… FUN!

So… who’s interested? We can only have 32 players. It’s 16 v 16, so that allows each clan 7 members (or 4 for Dr.). I’ll let each clan organise within themselves the 7 that they are going to have play. Don’t be cut though, if this works out, I will seriously think about trying it again after the RR is over. But first, we need to make this one work. So firstly, details:
    Friday 10th October 2008 7pm
    16v16 - 7 v 7 v 7 v 7 v 4
    2 rounds on First Light – 2 rounds on Lost Village CTF
    I want the list of players from each clan ASAP! Thursday at the latest!

Also if there are more than 7 (or 4) interested in any one clan, then please write down reserves. If a clan can’t produce the numbers then I’d be more than happy to call on the reserves to fill the spots. But if you aren’t on the list (unless we are DESPERATE for numbers) you don’t play.

Secondly, rules:

- No camping mains.
    - No stealing vehicles from other mains.
    - No one is in charge or the teams. It’s a FUN scrim so please keep the arguing to a BARE MINIMUM!
    - No bitching about the teams I put you in. They are random so that everyone has the fair advantage!
    - When playing a map with vehicles, unless your WHOLE team agrees to use strategies then whoever gets a plane/tank/helo, gets it.
    - If you’re being disruptive or making things difficult/disobeying the rules outlined above, I will use my awesome non-existent admin powers to get someone with awesome existent admin powers to kick/warn you.

Any questions/queries/comments please ask. Either PM me on the SAS forums (<http://sasclan.gofreeforum.com/forum.htm> ) or xfire (username = mynx0) or just bring up shit in this thread. Although I mightn’t track them very closely.

I really hope we can get this thing to work, I think it will be awesome fun for all involved and get our blood pumping for the RR starting in just over a weeks time.

Due to the restrictions on numbers we can allow, I have exclusively sent out this invitation to TOG, FTA, Dr., G3TSOME and SAS, so if you can keep this between these clans it would be much appreciated. It gives clans a disadvantage if they have to drop their numbers due to randoms.

Cheers
    Falc

2. The Omen

The Omen Retired Moderator

Thanks for the invite. :)
    I take it that would be for BF2 or such?
    Oh and next time you leave a message write it in black text, you do realize were TOG (the older gamers) our eyesite isnt the best anymore and it to hard chasing down old Ma on her walkin stick to get me spectacles...

Im sure one of the relevant Divisions will be along soon to give you a real reply :D

3. BiG<sHaNe>O

BiG<sHaNe>O Well-Known Member

hi m8 bigshaneo here. i suck @ forum stuff lol ,But i am very interested in joining anything thats fun .Im keen ,if this gets to you in time ill be happy to join in. im not on the game till next thursday night as im away with work.If im in just send me an email with server details etc.

4. Falc

Falc Just Joined

Haha, sorry Omen, fixed and fixed mate. The colour was due to the countless copy and pasteing. Its for DC (Desert Combat) anyways, Im hoping this was the right spot to put it but I guess they will find it soon enough aye. Cheers.

5. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

Hi Falc,

I'll let the DC team know you've come knocking mate.

Thanks for stopping by :)

6. ratfink

ratfink Well-Known Member

hey falcon..sounds like fun...will chat to the guys and sus a few things out...

7. Mugger Murderer

Mugger Murderer Well-Known Member

ih falcon..drop into the desert combat lair and post somthing there.

8. Falc

Falc Just Joined

Hey mate. I would if I had any idea where that might be. I got lost I have to admit :oops:. If I have to repost the invite in there can someone give me a link or a map please. Thanks :)

9. SkullCrusher

SkullCrusher Retired Captain

Thanks Falc,

We got the message. See if we can get some ppl into it.

You wont be able to do a direct post into the DC forum as its protected.

Cheers
    Skully

10. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Sounds like a good idea :)
    Definetly something we could organise within the 2142 Division

11. ratfink

ratfink Well-Known Member

you idiot mugger