DDO is gonna break my heart

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by JuJutsu, Dec 7, 2005.

1. JuJutsu

JuJutsu Getting Started

I asked whether or not monks and druids were going to be left out of the game for good because of a developer comment in an interview. Lo and behold I actually got 2 dev replies...
    First:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JuJutsu
    "Additionally, Ken stated that it is extremely likely that additional character races, as well as prestige classes, will be items on the agenda for live updates and feature expansions."

They aren't races nor prestige classes. Was this a simple oversight? <crosses fingers>

We're still working out the details of the first content update and expansion, and no plans are final. That said, leaving out the word "classes" is not indicative of our plans for them. We just aren't far enough along to talk in detail about the post-launch plan.

I felt a little better, but shortly thereafter there was a second reply

Monks and Druids are still a possibility for post-launch content. I can't promise you that they will definitely be added at some point, but I do know that we have not taken them off the table as an option.

If I can't play a monk I doubt that I will play DDO and it doesn't look promising to me :cry:

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Old news mate :( The two classes that I was most looking forward to play are not in release. Oh well, I can settle for a Cleric ... a Fighter, Waizard ... Rogue ... :D

3. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

I am looking forward to re-creating my Elven Sorceress :)

4. mighty1u2

mighty1u2 Getting Started

I feel very confident that both classes will be implemented. The druids should be very easy to add. They stated (at one point) that summoned creatures were not going to be implemented, and that this was one of the main reasons that druids were not going to be implemented. I was in the stress test, and summoned creatures are already in. So are some monk only weapons, so I'm assuming that those are in for a purpose.

Keep you hopes up...

5. JuJutsu

JuJutsu Getting Started

Monk only weapons were in?! You've made my day :D I suppose I can play a bard till monks are implemented :wink: