DIC Dispute - We need yr support

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by BIRD, Aug 6, 2005.

1. BIRD

BIRD Getting Started

Following a total lack of regard for handling our dispute over recent a COD:UO game, see: thread http://drunkencombat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3458&sid=d375a9e736c9bde3efddc60a0e1da0b7
    One of our team mates decided to copy/post a post I have made internally to my fellow clansmen. So far it's caused gained some interest on the GA forums.

Meanwhile within DIC the whole "fair play" question lingers, as obviously the Refs/GameOp's would prefer to hide behind the rules as a way of seemingly avoiding to confront our dispute claims.

Please judge for yourselves.

I have copied this thread from our boards into the public section of the DIC forums.
    http://drunkencombat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3458&sid=d375a9e736c9bde3efddc60a0e1da0b7

2. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator Administrator Moderator

I'll make sure our CoD lads read this post.

3. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

The way the GameOps have sidestepped the issue seems a bit on the ordinary side to me Bird!

4. GEEZA

GEEZA Retired Advisor

I've never had any positive outcome from asking for a gameop to intervene during one of these matters (and we've had a few this year). Bird, grab a brew mate and stop bashing your head against this particular brick wall.

You're only going to get brain damaged mate.

5. Fodder

Fodder Advisor

Not completely surprised. Hicks is not a solid GameOp IMO either. How is this situation...

Play a match against a team with said person in it on Cassino, a well known map for terrible lag issues with PAM running. Mid-game the opposition team is losing, and said person with his teams support asks us if we would consider a replay of the war and cancel that game. We said no as the lag issue was equal for both teams and so everyone had to deal with it and they chose the map despite it having this well known problem.

Finish war, go to put results in and a GameOp (not sure who... :wink: ) has cancelled the match whilst we are playing it... Very strange.

Good luck DIC, but I doubt you will get any satisfaction.

6. MRED

MRED Getting Started

good luck with this mate . as an old bugger can't say i like the way GA is run too much bias for my liking. but glitching is nono good luck BIRD

7. BIRD

BIRD Getting Started

Just to clarify, DIC are not lookng at reversing the outcome of the game.
    Our dispute was concerned with the player in general and the way the GameOp's have chosen to act upon this issue.

Thanks for your support.
    I have a beer in hand, there's nothing more I can do, ah well