Dogfighter - Patch & Monday sale @ $1.50

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Thermal Ions, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

In an attempt to re-invigorate the community, now that the demo, dedicated servers, and better controller/joystick support is implemented, and to co-incide with another new patch, developers Dark Water Studios are selling Dogfighter for $1.50 USD on/from Monday. It's a bit unclear if it's a one day sale or will run for a few days.

Announcement on their site: Call to Arms

Some previous threads here at TOG on the game:
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/steam-room/304759-dogfighter-rocks.html
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/steam-room/303950-dogfighter.html

For $1.50 might be worth a look. Can at least try the demo (without Monday's patch obviously) now before the sale.

EDIT: Tried out the demo and I'm absolutely hopeless at it. Will be saving my $1.50 to put towards a cup of coffee.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

LMAO!! I was gifted this and only just installed it last night. Spent all of about 1 minute with it so will hold off on my opinion just yet. I was frustrated at first though with my joystick NOT inverted (up went up, down went down) and no REAL apparent or easy way to change it, but apparently flying through the second portal (the green disk) gives you the option to fix this.

Anyways, will post up my review soon, until then, anyone else own this game?

3. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

yeah coolio, i bought a 4 pack..lol for US$4.50 cant go wrong. Not trying to highjack your thread but check out Metro2033 for US$27.20 now thats an absolute bargain.

4. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

Update.... Ok... a little frustrated now. I haven't been able to successfully connect to a multiplayer game and MORE annoying than that, my joystick WON'T STAY INVERTED!! grrr......:bigangry:

I was playing last night, through the tutorial, it asks to invert the joystick. "Check" Yes please I said. Then a friend of mine talks through the steam chat and I replied, went back to the game and my joystick was around the wrong way again. I might even enjoy this game once I figure this out.

Please, if someone has had the same issue and figured this out, PLEASE LET ME KNOW :D

5. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

6. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

I bought it too and played the tutorial and a couple of bot matches and found it fun.

I have since tried connecting to a multi-player game and it either doesn't connect or the whole thing crashes :(.

The devs seem pretty active in the Steam forums though and they have acknowledged the problems.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

Thanks mate. That's got it :D I've played a few single player games myself and found it to be a bit of fun. I would LOVE to try out the multiplayer, but I can't connect either :(