[DONE] Application for consideration...

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Schuyler Bain, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Just Joined

Hello – I would like to submit my application for consideration. I have am currently enjoying the updates to SWG and exploring Tabula Rasa. I am always on the lookout for something new. I am usually on from 10PM-1AM Eastern Time.
    1. I am over 25.
    2. I have read and AGREE to abide by the TOG Code of Conduct
    3. I have read and AGREE to and abide by the TOG Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP)
    4. I have read and AGREE to abide by the Forum & Server Guidelines
    5. I have read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document
    6. I have read and AGREE to abide by the Signature and Avatar Guideline
    About me hmmm... are you sure you want to know? I mean really sure? Okay calm down I’ll tell you. sheesh! So pushy. Seriously though, I never know how much information to put in these sorts of things. How much is too much... you know?

I always receive questions on the name Schuyler; how is it pronounced (“Sky-ler”), where it comes from and so on. I have used the name Schuyler since 1996 and my very first MMORPG, Ultima Online. In every MMORPG I have beta tested/played since then I have had a Schuyler. That’s a few dozen at least and when possible I use the surname of Bain, my real middle name. I first heard the name Schuyler in a college history lecture on Schuyler Colfax and after some research found that the name is Dutch in origin and means scholar.

Marriage - I am married (only took 8 years and two kids) to the most wonderful woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.*psssttt hey baby is this good? Is this what you meant when you said say only good things about you?* Just kidding! My wife is my best friend and while I think a lot of people would like to be able to make such a statement not many honestly can. Oh and did I mention she is also smart, sassy and sexy? Not necessarily in that order ;0).

Children - yes please. With a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a nice red wine... again, I am kidding. My wife and I have somehow managed to create two of the most perfect little sentient beings the world has ever known! I swear! I don't say such things about just anyone's kids. We were lucky enough to take the best qualities from both of us and combine them... and then, well, split them again (twins! all her fault)... for example my good looks and charm... my artistic talents and mental prowess... and my selflessness and humble attitude. My wife helped a bit in the beginning, you know, the whole nine months thing, the labor and of course she still helps out a little bit. *ducks to avoid hair brush, notebooks and other projectiles being hurled in my general direction* Good thing she throws like a girl ;0) I love my family more than anything else in this world and could not be more proud of my Wife and my Kids.

Work - yes I do. I actually LOVE my job, the people I work with (most of them) and the company I work for. I am project manager for a development firm in Akron Ohio.

Gaming - For over 12 years now I have had a passion for MMORPGs. I like to beta test games before they are released and sometimes I subscribe for a while. I enjoy figuring out how they work. Below is a list of MMORPGs I have played or are currently playing.

In no particular order:
    SecondLife
    Ultima Online
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Ashron's Call
    Ever Quest I
    Ever Quest II
    Anarchy Online
    The Matrix Online
    City of Heroes
    Shadowbane
    WISH (Never Went Live)
    PlanetSide
    The SIMS Online
    Guild Wars
    WoW
    LotR Online
    Tabula Rasa
    Pirates of the Burning Sea

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. WrrLor

WrrLor Well-Known Member

Tanking somewhere for TOG, in sunny Iowa.
    Heyyy!! Schuyler, welcome to TOG. Your application looks to be in order. I am sure one of the TOG big-dogs will come along soon and annoint you with the mighty scepter of Toggerif-ication allowing you access to all of the forums and the great community that is TOG.

I can personally vouch for Schuyler as being a total ars.....err, a really great guy. :D I think he would be a great addition to the community.

3. Schuyler Bain

Hey now you promised to keep that whole arse part to yourself until AFTER the Toggerif-ication. What a guy...

Thanks for the :bigthumbsup: WrrLor!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  4. sas

sas Retired Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organization.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and has over 20,500 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

5. Tardaan

Tardaan Well-Known Member

G'day Schuyler and welcome to ToG. I'm an ex-SWG player myself. I played from about 12 months before the CU until just over 12 months after the NGE. I have heard that the more recent updates had made it a bit more playable. Unfortunateley it will never be the same to me again (that and someone hacked a friends account and got into my house and stole all my vet rewards and rare stuff including 3 aurillian banners). Anyway, I moved on to WoW and since joining up with ToG found a large group of great people to play with that has made WoW great to play.

If you ever want to get into WoW come down to the forums and say hello. I play in the Proudmoore Alliance guild. Unfortunately the SWG forum has been archived and most of the players it seems dispersed elsewhere.

Anyway, welcome to ToG. Have fun.

Tardaan

6. WrrLor

WrrLor Well-Known Member

Tanking somewhere for TOG, in sunny Iowa.
    Welcome aboard. I think you will enjoy the fact that almost any game has a TOG guild in it and you know what to expect. Being a part of TOG has made my gaming much more enjoyable, I hope it does the same for you.

7. Schuyler Bain

Thank You!

*Best Sally Field impression*
    They like me! - They really like me!

8. Oss

Oss Well-Known Member

Hi Schuyler, welcome to TOG!

9. Sir Fitz

Sir Fitz Retired Administrator

Outstanding introduction. I think you'll fit right in here.

Welcome to TOG!! Enjoy your stay! :)