[DONE] Application for membership

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Balthar, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Balthar

Balthar Just Joined

Hi all,

My name is Pete and I'm an alcoh... meh, sorry wrong group!

Well my name IS Pete and I am a 40 year old recently divorced middle manager based in Coventry, West Midlands UK (P.S. the divorce was precipitated by geographical and ideological separation, not online gaming addiction!).

I have a long history of involvement with roleplaying games, having spent many happy years playing a level 50 ML10 Paladin called Kalthorine on DaoC. The name "Kalthorine" has followed me around for a few years actually, as I first used it as a character in the CRPG game Baldur's Gate and got so involved with the community that the producers (Bioware) including me as a cameo role in the game's sequel!

My main character in WAR is a level 29 Chosen on Karak Azgal, and I play regularly every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9pm-2am with two like-minded friends (both of whom have recently applied and been accepted by TOGs) and occasionally at other times as well. When I heard about TOGs I breathed a sigh of relief - finally, a group of people who although they are committed to playing the game still realise that it is a GAME and don't chew people out with immature 7337speak because they aren't online 24-7!!!

I can confirm that have read, inwardly digested and wholeheartedly agree to all the
    following documents:
    1. TOG Code of Conduct
    2. TOG Acceptable Useage Policy (AUP)
    3. Forum & Server Guidelines
    4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document.
    5. Signature and Avatar Guideline
    I would therefore like to be considered as a full member of "TOGs of WAR" on the Karak Azgal server, and look forward with anticipation to your response to my application.

P.S. I can provide some excellent cookie recipes as bribes if necessary.

P.P.S. I'm not an alcoholic :D

2. Latch

Latch Well-Known Member

LOL

Welcome to TOG :), Your membership request looks in alcoholic order.

Admin should be along soon to [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]review [/FONT]your [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]application[/FONT].

3. Ulric

Ulric Assume a Can Opener TOG Shadow Ops

Balthar/Pete,

Thanks for a comprehensive application. Head on down to the WAR sub forums and introduce yourself now...

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 27,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)