[DONE] Application to Join TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Gillain, May 22, 2008.

1. Gillain

Gillain Just Joined

Hey there,

I'd like to join your organization.

I am over 25. (Heck I can hardly remember 25; I'll be 48 next month)
    I have read and AGREE to abide by the TOG Code of Conduct
    I have read and AGREE to and abide by the TOG Acceptable Useage Policy (AUP)
    I have read and AGREE to abide by the Forum & Server Guidelines
    I have read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document.
    I have read and AGREE to abide by the Signature and Avatar Guideline.

I'm East Coast US (Massachusetts) and I play 'normal' evening hours during the week. Weekends are a lot more flexible

I've been gaming since the early 80s (first computer games on the Atari 400) and have been playing online since when using a 1200 baud modem was considered 'cheating'. I'm about 99% MMO player on the PC (though I do some console gaming as well). I've done a stint as associate editor of a pc gaming magazine (anyone remember Strategy Plus?) but these days I work as a web developer.

I live with my girlfriend who is a completely dedicated EQ2 fangirl. No kids, 2 guinea pigs. They are quite enough responsibility, thank you very much. :D

I've been running a small gaming forum since 1994, but we're really not a large enough group to form a guild so I was looking for a larger group to be a part of. One of my oldest online friends is a member of TOG and I kinda sorta stalked him back here.

I think that about covers it. Thanks for your consideration.

2. RedPh0enix

RedPh0enix Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG, Gillain!

All looks good with your application and someone should be along shortly to give you the final approval.

You told us what game your girlfriend plays, but what do you play?

If you ever feel like checking out Guild Wars pop by the Division and see about getting a trial key. I believe the keeper still has a number of them left.

3. Gillain

Gillain Just Joined

I *knew* I'd forget something!! LOL

Right now I'm sucked deep into Age of Conan. I also have a lifetime to LOTRO and dabble on and off in EQ2 (for the sake of domestic bliss) and return to WOW about every 6 months for a month or two.

4. Elowichik

Elowichik Well-Known Member

HI Gillain,

Since you play WoW now and then please feel free to check out the WoW Divisions. We are on several servers one of which is Runetotem where you can find Titans of Glory (Alliance) or Titans of Gore (Horde). If your existing Toon is not on any of our servers you can always start a lvl 1 and get to know the people before you make a decion on transfering to one or just hanging out.

5. Trol

Trol Active Member

Glad to see an AoC recruit! As soon as your membership is approved, come by there and get all the info.

6. Crag Claweye

Crag Claweye Active Member

Welcome Gillain, Very glad to see you here and looking forward to some good ol' barbarian rampaging in AoC. :)