[DONE] (very) Hopeful New Member

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Mizzle, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mizzle

Mizzle Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I am interested in joining TOG. I have read through your AUP, FAQ and Forum Guidlines.

Here is the drama. There is still a couple of months before I hit 25 years old.

I live in a rural 'city' called Griffith in Australia. I am married, have a 1 year old daughter who is most of my world at the moment.

I play WoW. I have a 70 Undead rogue on the Oceanic server Nagrand. I am currently struggling to find anyone willing to help me get geared up and do runs of any sort. Most PUG's end up with someone deciding that one or all of us are 'nubs' and leaving the group. Often Mid-instance.

However. I have experience amazing generosity from many of your guild members, none have ever complained about gaming ability, I have recieved drive by buffs from every one of your passing members and once, at level 64 I was gifted a blue dagger I couldnt use until 66.

Not knowing what TOG stood for, I hit Google and I was quite surprised to find that 'The Older Gamer' needs only to be 25. Sorry if that seems insulting. I have trouble considering myself as getting close to being 'older'. The unfortunate thing is not being quite 25 means I may go on missing out on getting any sort of decent gear until April next year.

Sorry for the sop story. Finding a guild that cares for a mildly undergeared rogue on a PvP server is not an easy thing. Kinda a kick in the pants to finally find one, only to learn I'm not old enough yet.

I ask that I can be accepted based on being not quite 'older' in years, but as having an older mentality and approach to gaming.

2. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the admins will tell you your out of luck, but come back when your 25. Plus there are plenty of public forums open to non-members to keep you busy till then:).

3. Mizzle

Mizzle Well-Known Member

*Sigh*

Thought as much. Looks like I am going to have to stick with asking a couple of TOG friends to latch on to any short instance runs happening.

There is no point lying about my age for the sake of a couple of months.

Still I look forward to something official. Even though I am not a member, TOG is still the best guild experience I have had. This is from 4 large guilds that folded/merged on a previous server (before moving character to Nagrand) and 3 minor guilds on Nagrand.

Tolerating PUG's of 12 year olds. *shudders*.

4. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

Hi Mizzle,

Just read you posts and thought I'd express our appreciation at your honesty and candour. Thanks very much indeed and I look forward to the pleasure of TOGgerising you when the time comes.

I'll stay subscribed to this thread so when you're ready, just post back here (no need to start a new thread) with all the right information regarding age etc so I can get on to it as soon as possible.

Again, your approach is appreciated :)

5. Mizzle

Mizzle Well-Known Member

There is the killing strike. Ah Well. What more can you do. Still working on my time machine.

Can I ask if there is any guilds that you would recommend not joining? Considering that with a bit over 4 months until I can join, I don't really want to sit around PUGing if I can help it. I don't want to hurt my chances once the time arrives.

6. YZ250

YZ250 Well-Known Member

Gday Mizzle,

Sorry to hear of your plight man, something for you TOG has last time I checked about 18,000 members and play a wide variety of games that you may also be able to get into when you join.

Cheers,

YZ

7. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

Mizz,

Now that you are at least registered (albiet not a full member) take a look at the contact TOG section and shoot a quick PM to one of the Division Captains of WoW. I'm an FPS and sims player so would be of no use at all sad to say..

8. Mizzle

Mizzle Well-Known Member

Hello Hooray and Happy Birthday to me!

I have reread the AUP, FAQ and Guidelines and have now just turned 25. And would like to join.

Ulric likes this.
  9. Ulric

Ulric Assume a Can Opener TOG Shadow Ops

Happy birthday....

I am sorry that the only present that I can give you is membership.

However I guess that it is something that you are looking forward to.

So here it is!

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 21,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

10. Mizzle

Mizzle Well-Known Member

Much thanks! You might...I mean wont regret it ;)

2_islands likes this.
  11. emohawk

emohawk Well-Known Member

Welcome dude and happy birthday, us Lootzors will look after you now :D

12. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Welcome (back) to TOG mate! :)

13. Wally

Wally Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG Mizzle, Hope you enjoy your stay.

14. Tempeste

Tempeste Retired Moderator

Glad to see that you are finally in the door.

T:)

15. OldnBold

OldnBold Well-Known Member

Have fun mate .. never seen so many Admins and mods in one thread ;)