dragon age: inquisition co-op info

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by mesterjester, Nov 11, 2014.

1. mesterjester

mesterjester Getting Started

so i have my pc copy ordered and was wondering if anyone else was going to be playing on pc. would be nice to do the co-op with tog friends on voice chat as opposed to just random internet strangers.

for anyone curious about the online co-op stuff, here's a twitch stream of the devs playing co-op, using new level 1 characters:

Bioware on Twitch playing multiplayer

to sum up the video, and multiplayer in general:
    * teams of 4 fight thru a dungeon to a boss, earning gold and xp
    * gold is used to buy various chests from the in-game store, netting you weapons, crafting items, potions and possibly new armor (which unlocks new classes to play)
    * there are currently 3 factions to fight against: the venatori (humanoids), red templars and the demons
    * each faction has it's own environment and there are 10 different locations within each environment
    * at the start of a game, 5 locations are randomly picked (from the faction you are fighting) and stung together to make a dungeon, making each play through different
    * all gold is shared among all players regardless of who opens a chest or loots it
    * xp is earned individually and tallied at the end of the match to see who earned the most, but then all xp is granted to all of the players, so everyone gets the same amount
    * multiplayer characters and loot are completely separate from the single player campaign

in the stream linked above, they play 3 matches on normal difficulty. in the first match, they died in the third zone and everyone leveled up from level 1 to about half way through level 3. in the second match, they died in the fourth zone and everyone leveled up from level 3 to level 5. in the third match, they made it to the fifth zone to fight the boss but they all died without clearing it. they did not show the match results so i don't know how much xp they got or how high they leveled. and they did all that in about an hour.

the devs say it is their intention to make the game challenging and that team work is essential to clearing a dungeon.

i didn't really get into the mass effect 3 multilpayer but this seems more fun and more in line with what i would enjoy.

my origin id is: mesterjester in case any other pc players want to hook up and try some multiplayer.

there's also another twitch stream this wednesday, november 12, showing more multiplayer but using higher leveled characters and i think a different faction, but i'm not sure what time it is.

2. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I have this pre-ordered as well, but I will probably finish AC Unity first.

3. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

The co-op for this game doesn't interest me if it's the same kind of mini-game that we got with Mass Effect 3 (small environments disconnected from the main game). I have however pre-ordered this for the single player game, which looks very promising.

4. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Same as Cromulent. I wouldn't rule out ever playing co-op but I ordered the game for the single player aspect and that's what appeals to me.

5. Windmoor

Windmoor Just Joined

I am looking to try the multi-player aspect of this. hook up with me, i'll give u my origin contact info to ToGgers.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  6. ArbitraryHubris

ArbitraryHubris Just Joined

Single-player, so far, is amazing!

7. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I am not comfortable sharing my Origin ID in the public section right now.

8. Strategic

Strategic Just Joined

I am playing but on ps4.. would love to know if anyone on ps4 is playing

9. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to give multiplayer a try on PC, but want to spend time with single player first.

10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Ordering a new set of RAM because of this game. Mainly due to the fact that I'm only running 4gb right now, because the other 4gb stick went bad.

11. Avoozl

Avoozl Well-Known Member

Is it chugging a lot?

12. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

dropped the settings a bit to minimize the load.

13. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

Co-op has a very "Mass Effect" feel to it.

You don't play with your single player character, but a preconfigured "class", from which you can gear up and eventually "craft" another class via creating a piece of armor that then unlocks that class.

I enjoyed it for the short period that I played.

However, last night I played through the "In Your Heart Shall Burn" chapter and OMG....best storyline in a game that I have seen for AGES.

Literally was open mouthed for about 10 minutes watching it.

So far, the single player experience has been the best I have had all year.

A comfortable 9.5/10 and I score very tough.

14. Xyth

Xyth Getting Started

I also playing single player and would be interested in joining a multi player run if one is organized.

15. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Put a new SSD in, and man the loading screens are very short!

16. LadyDare

LadyDare Active Member

So has anyone tried the multiplayer aspect? I am enjoying the solo player, which is what I did buy the game for, but am curious about multiplayer.

17. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

Multiplayer (Co-op) is pretty much just a mini game.

You cannot use your single player character in multiplayer and you need to select from a pre-set character type.

To begin with you only have access to four (from memory) character types.

After you have joined a team of four and selected which character to play, you can then play a "mission".

The mission is going through a set location and progressing through the map.

You start at area 1/5 and then need to complete a task, which is normally kill all the enemy. Once completed you then progress onto area 2/5 and so on and so forth.

Once you have finished area 5/5, you have completed the run through and are assigned xp.

There are chests throughout the map and while you normally get just coin, you can sometimes get an item card.

An item card is assigned to you after the map is completed and it then randomly will show an item that it represents. The item can be anything between a grey con item, blue or even purple.

Another reward is coin. Once you have 1200 gold pieces you can purchase a large chest from the multiplayer shop.

This large chest will then give you a random number of items/potions.

To unlock the additional character classes you either need to tradecraft a piece of armor for that class, which will then unlock that class for you, or you can get a piece of armor through the large chest from the shop.

For anyone that has played Mass Effect, the multiplayer side of things is very similar.

Hope this helps explain it a bit :)

18. Xyth

Xyth Getting Started

If anyone is playing multiplayer, My in game name is XythQuaythm.

19. Dekay

Dekay Warframe Officer

Oceanic, EU or NA?
    I'm in Perth and have about 35 hours in single player. I'm looking at trying MP at some stage

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  20. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

He's NA, as his location on his mini-profile is Florida.