Drunkards In Combat rFactor Series (Cup 'O DIC)

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by P3ngu1n, Jun 7, 2008.

1. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

Hello all members from TOG,

P3ngu1n here from Drunkards In Combat, we're interested in running our own season for rFactor and are inviting clans who may be interested to come in and have some fun. We will be racing around all of the Australian racing tracks available to rFactor, and we will decide on our cars depending on what people would want to race. We're just looking for interest from other clans at the moment and would like to invite you to race, if you are interested, please email me at armored.penguin@hotmail.com, or just post here and i shall check on it, for now we are voting on a few cars to race, Nissan Skylines R34, V8 Supercars, rF3's that have been modded to reduce power, relault super clios, relault meganes, BMW 320 E21 and PCC 2007, tell me your thoughts here if your interested :).

The rules we have been thinking of so far are as follows

5 - 15 Laps race
    Pitting startergy will be enforced, will high fuel usage and tire wear.
    Flag Rules full.
    All aids disabled apart from auto clutch.
    Setups can be changed as much as the mod allows.

Good day.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. Tarquin

Tarquin Retired Captain

Hey P3gu1n - Thanks for the offer.....

I'll get in touch with you soon and see where you're up to with your plans and ideas and I'll throw a few into the ring also.... ;-)

Sounds like a possible plan to work from, and I'm sure they'd be handful here (at least) who would be keen for a 'lil bit of an Inter-Club bash :)

3. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

cool cool man, atm we're in the process of getting some clans rounded up, and its now definantly going ahead and were deciding on the points system, rules ect. :), hope to hear from you soon :wink:

4. Major_Mess

Major_Mess Retired Captain

Just something to keep in mind. We currently run our various series races on Sun, Tues, and Thursday.

5. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

no worries, we will try to keep as many people happy and racing as we can :), if contact is made easier by xfire aswell, mine is penguintwitch :), hpoe tp see you all soon.

6. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

Hello TOG,
    if you are still interested in racing, we will be racing BMW 320 E21's around 10 Australian Tracks, the races will most likely be on a Saturday doing 1 race per week, but we can be flexible about dates and doing more than one race per week. We are doing 320's because, they are a good car to drive for both skilled and new drivers, the setups can be changed nicely and they are different. The link for the mod is here
    BMW 320 E21 1.01 rFactor Central // rFactor Cars // BMW 320 E21 1.01
    cars and pitlanes should not be a problem with the amount of cars in this mod, but if it does become an issue a custom mod may be run for extra cars.

As for the tracks, they will be this (Order hasn't been decided yet)

Bathurst 1.2 rFactor Central // rFactor Tracks // Bathurst ORSM 1.10
    Oran Park 1.0 rFactor Central // rFactor Tracks // Oran park Raceway 1.00
    Barbagallo (Warneroo) 1.0 rFactor Central // rFactor Tracks // Wanneroo 1.00
    Queensland Raceway 1.0 rFactor Central // rFactor Tracks // Wanneroo 1.00
    Eastern Creek 2.0 rFactor Central // rFactor Tracks // Eastern Creek 2.00

Soon a public forum will be made on our site • Index page and will have all the details

we will maybe be another week getting things setup right so there are minimum stuff ups

***EDIT*** we will only be doing a small 5 track season, just as a fun cup not as a really long and boring season, and we do not have the interest to do a really large season, we shall race on sundays as it seems best at the moment, sorry if this causes any inconvenience

7. Old_Fart

Old_Fart Getting Started

BMWobblies installed.
    Tracks installed.
    Ready for action if it doesn't conflict with our Champcar series

8. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

Ok, we will be having the first race at Oran Park Sunday 8pm, with 7x fuel and tyres, it will be a short race, more than 5 but no more than 15 laps, server details to follow.

9. P3ngu1n

P3ngu1n Just Joined

Hello guys, i have the server details if you are still interested in racing, it will be 10 laps around Oran Park GP Track in BMW 320 e21's, with 4x fuel usage, and normal tyre wear. I will be happy to issue TOG with the server details, but I do not wish it to be on such a public forum, my xfire is: penguintwitch and my email/msn is armored.penguin@hotmail.com, if you would like to join in just contact me and i shall give you the details. Qualifying will begin at 8pm, but server will be open for practicing before then. Sunday 15th.