dungeon runners beta invites

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by hepcat, Mar 15, 2007.

1. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

I would like to start a invite pyramid to dungeon runners beta. What I will do is the first 2 Toggers who give me there email address here in a reply I will send an email with beta invite and code. Don't PM me as that way everyone will know that 2 have. anyone after the first 2 can get theres as well. when I give you the beta info you make a ncsoft master account for free. then click on the game to download ignore the wait for email thing. once you put your code in for the game you then can invite 4 others by email. hence the pyramid effect my 2 invites can then get us 8. so please dont leave your email unless you will follow through and then we can get a bunch of people playing for free. This is a no real thinking pow wham game were you run dungeons and collect stuff. fun for a brain rest.

2. Melski

Melski Well-Known Member

I'd like to have a look at this game, but I don't wont to put my addy here. I'll just note that I've sent you one here so people know. GDC mentioned that there was a 50% drop off rate once they hit lvl5. What lvl are you and are you still having fun?

3. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

melski invitation sent you will be able to invite 4 more my guys at 10 right now its harder as you raise but I just do it to blow off steam pure pow wham

4. zero

zero Active Member

I would be curious to take a look at this game also.

:D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  5. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

6. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

ok I am out of invites each of you melski and zero now have 4 invites so if anyone posts please reply with I sent you an invite so the other knows and you dont double send. you click help then support to get to your account ncsoft then click that account and add a friend to send invites.

7. zero

zero Active Member

Thanks hepcat, I now have 4 invites to give away. PM me!

8. eesx

eesx Active Member

Hi folks - I've signed up for membership of DR. No guilds as yet, but I'm sure if anyone else is interested we can band up informally until then. I'm happy to add my invites to the pile.

I'm not sure that invites that are accepted by others actually take away from your 4 invites - the blurb below seems to indicate that you can have 4 active invites going at any one time, and if one is accepted you get that invite slot back. You also get invites back if they arent accepted within 14 days.

This is taken from the NCsoft referral dealie page;

Remember to Refer Your Friends!

Just in case you didn't know, forgot, or perhaps suffer from amnesia, we'd like to remind you that the Dungeon Runners Referral Program is still active. If you're able to play, you can easily invite four of your best friends to play the game--and of course all entirely for free.

The procedure is very simple: visit the Account Management section of the PlayNC website to manage your current account (you'll need your PlayNC master account name and password to log in).

You can find full instructions about how to send invitations with the following Dungeon Runners Support Center article: How can I invite my friends to play Dungeon Runners with me?

Note that you can send up to four invitations at any one time. When one invitation gets accepted (that is, a Dungeon Runners game account is created with it) the slot opens up again for you, so you can send our another invitation. The invitation will expire if it is still open after 14 days. That expiration will allow you to send out another invitation.

Additionally, current account holders no longer will need to refer themselves for that additional account. You can find full instructions on how to use the new MAKE ANOTHER ACCOUNT button in the following article: I am an existing Dungeon Runners account holder and would like to make an additional account.

As far as toon info goes, we should probably organise another toon thread like the DAOC one? I'll get one started and see if we can sticky it too.

9. LozengeFanatic

LozengeFanatic Just Joined

Zero was kind enough to hook me up with an invite.

Now I've got invites to share.

PM me with your email address if you want one.

10. Gaping_MAW

Gaping_MAW Well-Known Member

so you guys that have given this a burl. what's the game like? worth playing?

11. LozengeFanatic

I didn't spend enough time with it to give an in depth analysis.

I played for about 20 minutes and had some serious lag problems. The environments didn't do much for me. Nothing I saw made me want to dig further into it.

I quit the game and fired up Titan Quest.

I may look at Dungeon Runners again, I may not.

Long story short: meh.

12. zero

zero Active Member

Doesn't seem too in-depth, maybe more of a "side game" for when servers are down on others :p Saying that I haven't exactly thrashed it so I may be wrong ... but for example it only offers 3 classes and one race as of now :confused:

13. LadySerenity

LadySerenity Just Joined

I have one extra key left for anyone who wants it. I've been playing DR and at first I thought it might be kinda boring but I realized something about this game that I love compared to other mmorpgs. There is no chat spamming! There is no KSing! There are no botters! I've cancelled my old KO accts and other game accts to only spending money on DR. Plus the servers are VERY stable which impresses me alot after KO.

14. LozengeFanatic

Do you have any problems with lag? I had enough lag that it kind of turned me off immediately.

I'd like to find a 'lite' MMO. I am playing the LOTRO open beta right now. It is really cool and runs 'like buttah' (zero lag). The only down side for me is that it is so involved that I can see myself really geting sucked into it and end up spending a ton of time playing.

I want something I can play 10 hours a week and not feel like I am missing out.

Maybe I'll take another look at DR....

15. pelao

pelao Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've been playing DR for a few weeks now, and i'm almost at level 40. What everyone is saying about the game is pretty much spot on.. its very simple. Think Diablo but MMO. I like it because I work full time and dont have the extreme amounts of free time that i felt i needed to accomplish anything in WoW or SWG or whatever full-on AAA rank MMO you prefer. In fact, because of the portal-saving system, I can log on, run the boss of a dungeon, and log out, all in about 10 minutes.

There is only a small player base at the moment, but that suits me just fine - I prefer soloing or going around in a small party to mass raids anyway.

Regarding the lag issue, it can be a bit of a strain. I play from home during the week and from a friend's house on the weekends, and we have no problems on his ADSL, but i do have problems at home occasionally. I blame my wireless network.

One thing about DR is that when you press a direction, instead of making your character move on your screen and then telling the server what you are doing, it tells the server and the server then tells your client what to draw. This means that yes, everything is laggier (500ms to see your action if you have 250 latency...) but also means that you see what is actually going on, not what was going on (your latency period here) ago.

Disclaimer: I am not a dev, the above is simply my best guess.

Anyway I hope this convinces a few more people to try it out - im having a ball with this game.

16. eesx

eesx Active Member

LadySerenity! Nice to see ya :) Snuke here. Glad to see we could convince you to was... play games with us!

And sweet monkey saviours, Pelao, fix your sig! Or, alternatively, add the name of your wookiee from SWG, your COH dudes, COV baddies and your Progress Quest dude.

I await updatery.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  17. LadySerenity

LadySerenity Just Joined

Hi Sweetie, thank you for letting me know about this place. lol I like your post title that shows you as Dangerous...lol, just HOW dangerous are you? couldn't resist the remark lol. I am feeling better than when you saw me last but still doing kinda lousey. Just wanted to say hi to you and thank you for showing me this group of gamers without little kiddies shooting off.

18. eesx

eesx Active Member

Exactly 274 points of dangerousness :p (I think that reflects our post count :) )

And while I'm here, hooray for patchage - new spells, more chests, a charge attack, and the ability to create gigantic turkey legs for monsters to eat.

It's all good!

19. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

Glad you all are enjoying the game its mmo lite. hehe easy for us hard workers to play. I dont get any lag at all on my set up. This is a blow off game for me just go in and slam wham pow till I feel better.

20. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

I might take a look at this does anyone have an invite left?