DUNGEON RUNNERS TOON LIST (please sticky if we get to critical mass!)

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by eesx, Apr 3, 2007.

1. eesx

eesx Active Member

*Snuke, Fighter
    *Erzabet, Mage
    *Hepcat, Fighter
    *TeslaMan, Fighter
    *Maelstrom to ....?
    *LadySerenity (and LordChaos I think)

Levels go up pretty quickly still, and the class system is going to be replaced with a class-less one, so really the only thing you need to know is my toon name, Snuke.

There are no shards as such - all the 'Worlds' are linked.

Currently Erzabet and I choose World 2 as default, but its not difficult to flip between them anyway.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  2. pelao

pelao Getting Started

Hey all

Just wanted to weigh in and say that this is a fun little game, especially good for those who dont have a lot of time.

Im playing a mage at the moment named Erzabet, but as Ees says they are moving to a classless system soon. We're not sure exactly what that means - I have already trained a ranger spell and could pick up fighter skills if I wanted, and this is before the patch:)

3. Sorath

Sorath Getting Started

Well its nto as free as they claim, its limited to certain players, so guess I won't be giving it a try. Guess I will have to wait for it to go public, unless I get my PC built first in which case I will never be in it (to many other games that are way better to play right now)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  4. eesx

eesx Active Member

Sorath - see this thread for invites

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum...dungeon-runners-beta-invites.html#post1203297

(or PM me, I have 4 I can send you...or make an account at www.mmorpg.com, if there are any invites left there)

Its free to DL and play, but there are items you can't use unless you become a member - generally what happens is as a non-member you will find something uber that you can't use unless you become a member, and that pushes you to spend $5 USD a month :) There are however many people who play the game without membership, and see it as a measure of their ability that they can do the same dungeons without the member gear.
    (Similar to Project Entropia in that regard)

And yes! There is no depth to this game, no Lore, no travel time to speak of (unless you count running between mobs in the dungeon itself), no crafting, no guilds, no trading, zip. Some of these features are on the way, others, like trading, apparently will never surface.

They also don't take themselves seriously - weapon speed 'Grandma' or 'Ludicrous', crazy item names and some fairly amusing NPC banter all give the impression that while the game is seriously developed, its not a 'serious' game like Vanguard.

Graphics are quite wow-ish, cartoony, and exaggerated (especially 2h swords!)

And Sorath...weren't you giving up on MMO's? I thought I read as such in one of your leaving-wow posts. This game might be an option for you, but the urge to run one more dungeon to check out the loot you might get could be a problem. Its addictive!

And I reiterate, this game is easy to get invited to - either by the thread I mentioned at the top, or MMORPG.com's special feature giveaway accounts.
    Or pm me :p

*edit*
    Strictly speaking, I don't think the game is really in Beta anymore - there are many features they are talking about adding, and some changes to the class system - however, like virtually all MMO's these days, this release is hardly a 'final version' :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. hepcat

hepcat Getting Started

hepcat 15 warrior

6. eesx

eesx Active Member

Going on with what pelao is saying about the classes...

I was going to wait until the respec to try out a classless build, but playing around pre-respec has been quite educational; even with the class traits still in (and Fighters getting 9 mana per point of Int) that lack of mana is the only problem - you still get the buff to damage as normal. After stacking some int gear on my fighter, I found that the tradeoff (having to stick to mana leech weapons) is worth it. Boss fights can be a problem, but switching out AOE powers to single target powers seems to bring down even the HDOL bastards.

At first my build was all single target damage and self buffs; (Level 0-15ish)

Left click - Divine damage (single target DOT)
    Right click - Cleave (multi hit melee attack)

Divine Buff (self buff, more divine damage)
    2Hspeed increase (self buff)
    Righteous Stomp (PBAOE knockdown)
    Butcher (single target knockdown)
    Retribution (self buff melee reflection)

All of which are from the Fighter trainer (i.e. Fighter powers). I figured that sticking with Fighter powers would be the way to go...

My current build is (Levels 15-32)

Left Click - 2h weapon speed (self buff) (FIGHTER)
    Right Click - Shadow Lightning (jumping damage spell, like lightning) (MAGE)

Acidic Blight (PBAOE enemy defense debuff (RANGER)
    Ring of Fire (PBAOE damage) (MAGE)
    Righteous Stomp (PBAOE knockdown) (FIGHTER)
    Gaseous Blast (PBAOE DOT) (RANGER)
    Cleave (PBAOE melee multihit) (FIGHTER)

From all 3 trainers - and Shadow Lightning is probably the best. Groups where I had to overkill the trash (1 hit takes it to 10%, the next hit kills it with most of the damage wasted) are now taken out by Shadow Lightning.

Moving out a mana draining attack from left click and replacing it with a long recharge self buff has helped a lot - continuously wasting the DOT on trash was just a waste of damage as well as mana. Shadow lightning can go off 4/5 times now rather than hitting all mobs with the DOT, and consequently I seem to drop 'groups' quicker. My old build would drop them one after the other with a lot of wasted damage - the new one can get a few at a time, but you have to 'tank' them until shadow lightning finally gets them down off their last bit of HP. For a mage this would be a problem, but the fighter gear and endurance traits make it a lot easier (at least it seems that way to me!)

Mana is an issue, but with mana steal weapons most fighters can keep lightning going off fairly regularly. The incentive to become a 'Tank' like COH (with AOE abilities etc) or some kind of Paladin style hybrid is all in the itemization (which is of course random!).

For anyone finding Fighter = Overkill...try shadow lightning and gaseous blast at least. The real trick I guess is finding a decent purple+ with mana leech!

(I was bored at work! Apologies for going on and on)

7. TeslaMan

TeslaMan Getting Started

TeslaMan: lvl 10 Fighter

Addictive game, fast and simple gameplay.

8. zero

zero Active Member

I *was* Maelstrom, but I deleted him (he was a "test" toon) and when I went to reroll him the name was gone :p So I'm trying to get a decent name that isn't taken :p

9. Mortlmike

Mortlmike Retired Captain

My wife and I have been playing a bit usually in world 3. I enjoy the game, I think I will quickly get bored with it but we shall see. Anyways would love to group up if anyone runs across us or is around lvl 8-11.

Jarrius and Junis

10. Zog

Zog Just Joined

Hey fellow runners, meet my toon, Sibal. I am am member (with two Mythic Rainbows!)

I don't know how, but I really got into this game, easy to learn, tongue in cheek humor, and a plethora of neat drops makes it a winner for me. I have a L26 ranger, and usually hang out on world 30.

I enjoy helping folks that get stuck on quests (I especially enjoy smackin the bosses) but I am available to just tow anyone around that is at a sticky point where they are burning too many potions to be cost-effective. Look me up, 6p to 3a US Mountain time.

I do have Vent installed, do we have a channel on the TOG vent server?

Sibal

11. Root

Root Getting Started

Hi guys, I just started playing this a couple days ago, i quickly become addicted though and sprang for the 5 bucks a month membership almost immediatly. My toon is called Gotroot currently lvl 20 mage, look me up!

12. TrassiusQuill

TrassiusQuill Getting Started

Does anyone have any invites left. I'm interested in trying it out.

13. Root

Root Getting Started

The game is open to the public and free now, all you need to do is create an account on the plaync website and add DR it to your list of games from the plaync store. (no CC needed) The 5-bucks-a-month membership isnt needed to try it out

14. Kemian

Kemian Getting Started

Add my toons to the list.

Dreagan - Fighter - Member
    Amethia - Mage - Free

I'd just like to echo what others have already mentioned, Fast and addictive game that can be played in short bursts or all night sessions. Very reminiscent of the Diablo games but with a humorous twist =)

15. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Hi guys slowly getting into this game.

Current toon is theeancient mage.

Fire + ice attack and shadow lightening at level 2.

I'm only playing as a free member but I need some guidance on equips.

So far I'm going for mixed bag of gear as long as it gives me + to int for more mana only problem with this is the resistance to physical damage.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  16. Bovinicusrex

Bovinicusrex Active Member

Started last night, toon name is Magicusrex

17. Mellicious

Mellicious Getting Started

I'm playing, toon name is Melingerer. I've been playing on World 4. I know of at least one other TOGger who is playing, too.

18. Stoned_Alien

Stoned_Alien Active Member

Hi all toon name is Zeebay

19. Tumtuk

Tumtuk Getting Started

Thinking about trying it out. Have been playing RYL but its quite laggy and buggy (but its free so wth). How hard is it on a system> My computer is pretty wimmpy now lol.

Will be on in a day or so, let me know how to find you TOGers :)
    Toon will be Tumtuk..ofcourse :p

20. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

The Game is live and still fun there is a PvP server now and rumors are guilds will be added soon
    toons are

Lorcein
    Varrin
    Xayeth (free acccount)