Dungeon's and Dragon's Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Rumpl, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Rumpl

Rumpl Puffy Throw Blanket

Does anyone play this game still, was thinking about downloading it again on steam. It has been about 1 year since I play though.

Dungeon's and Dragon's Online

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Been a long while since I played. Was fun but too group oriented for me ...

3. Rumpl

I do agree Rickety, but the content you could do alone was great :)

4. Clockwork

Clockwork Just Joined

Yes it is still a pretty active game on most servers other than Wayfinder, the European one. There was a recent update, 23, with epic re-working of Necropolis 4.

You might want to try and play it again. You will find several changes.

I think it is much more solo friendly now( I played it when it was beta and basically unsoloable then) although there are some quests that do require multiple players ( although gold seal hirelings could be bought I guess). I find the 12 person raids to be some of the most fun content but it does require a lot of people, good skills, and knowledge to complete some of these....and I still fail at least 50% on Vault of Night part 6. :-(

5. trunkboundbeezus

trunkboundbeezus Just Joined

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I used to play and had a great time. The reviews on Steam make it seem like the game went downhill or something. I think I am going to give it another try as well.

6. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Brains Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Got stuck at level 15 with my paladin. Couldn't progress much more without groups.

7. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I still have a 15 cleric and a lower rogue on Ghallandra but my dance card is full atm... Too many damn games . X D

8. Rumpl

I could make a new toon to help out mate, do we have enough members for group play?

9. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Brains Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I've stopped playing as I have too many other games.

This game is ok, but wasn't enough for me to pursue progressing further in.

10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I had to stop playing DDO, as I was into it heavily and got stuck with a bunch of elitist players just to do the raids. I had a good favored soul healer, a good monk/fighter tank, and a good DPS earth sorcerer. They were reincarnated several times. Then Turbine started releasing content as expansions, requiring everyone, even subscribers to pay. A bunch of my friends stopped playing, and then I did. Even after spending quite a lot of money in their in-game store.

Of all the bad stuff, I still believe they have one of the best F2P cash shops, as you can earn the points by doing quests.

11. Clockwork

Clockwork Just Joined

Agree with the F2P. This is one of the best games for F2P. With patience you can basically farm the Turbine Points to buy more quest packs that allows you to farm more Turbine Points and buy more content.

Also agree that Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy expansions kinda shafted some people, including the VIPs, but I was able to buy both on sale with Turbine Points I had farmed so again...this is F2P friendly game compared to many others. Also there are many free festivals and events which actually have some very nice items if you take the time to participate.

If you want a little boost, however, you might want to buy some Turbine Points on sale. Which is what I did twice but I haven't bought any in several years.

12. Rumpl

Thing is for me is that I prestiged my cleric and now can not play her as I am now F2P. :bigcry:

13. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I sort of wish they would've stuck to Eberron, and just explored it more, like going to the other continents. Going to where the Elves are really from, etc.

14. redmaw

redmaw Getting Started

I had been looking at trying DDO but never did since I did not have a group to play with (I do not care for soloing in MMOs). If a group is forming I may be interested in joining, depending on the timezone of the other players.

15. Rumpl

If we do get a dedicated casual group of players who still enjoy the game then I will download the game and play. If you can be part of a casual group please post up and include sever and time-zone please.:)

16. Clockwork

Clockwork Just Joined

I may be able to play. I am in Arizona--yes, we have our own time zone! Weird but true. Basically we never switch times--no daylight savings.

I have toons on all servers--one of the ways you can earn Turbine Points, farming favor with multiple toons. So any server works for me. I recommend you avoid Wayfinder due to low population, very empty Auction House and vendors and pawn shops without much items. I try out my soloing skills here since it's hard to find groups.

Currently I play in a static group on Tuesday and Wednesday nights with level 23 guildmates on Sarlona.

I'd be up for another group on a different night. We can all start off on Korthos as level 1. Might be fun.

17. Rumpl

Sounds like a plan mate, I will download the game tonight.

Edit: So I have a level 1 on Sarlona now.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  18. Rumpl

This Monday night I will be starting a DDO group to level, it will be once a week to start with. If you can make it or want to start into the game, then just post up and we will get a casual group going.

19. Clockwork

Clockwork Just Joined

OK what is your toon's name on Sarlona?

I will roll up a level 1 too and post name once I am done.

Sounds like fun. You have a specific time Tzeentch? Also what class did you roll? I can roll up a complementary class. Like a rogue if we need one.

20. Rumpl

I rolled an Artificer named Fourofseven anytime really. I will be in TS in the Marvel Heroes channel.