DZ brackets

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by DaedalusAlpha, Apr 30, 2016.

1. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how these work? Because I'm currently in the 161+ bracket, but my gear score is 152. Does it look for the highest equipped item? best weapon? or perhaps what you could maximally get to if you equip the "right" stuff in your inventory?

2. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

Hey man! How it works is that it looks at everything in the inventory for that specific character, as well as EVERYTHING in your stash, including extracted items.

So to get into the lower bracket, you'll need to clear out everything from your stash (I stuck mine on my alts) as well as everything from your inventory (except for mods and weapon attachments which don't seem to affect it I think).

I did this, and have been peacefully farming the lower bracket for today, went from 79 to 84 today! Went rogue a few times but felt kinda bad (cos of the gear advantage) and stopped after a few rounds of Manhunt/Lvl 4 rogue

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

Just to give you an idea of what you can fit into a build, here's what I spent the last few days assembling before I went into the lower bracket DZ :

Weapon 1 : GS 204 Aug (the one sold in the BoO a few days ago)
    Weapon 2 : GS 38 Green M1A (no talents, sold at weapon vendor)
    Sidearm : Level 28 M45A1 Grey weapon, GS 0 (this alone drops your GS by 20!)

Chest : 182 Gold with Reckless, +EDR, + Armor and + kill xp
    Mask : 214 Sentry's Mask (crafted) with Crit chance
    Kneepads : 214 Sentry's Kneepads (crafted) with Crit Hit Damage, +Armor and Kill XP
    Backpack : 214 Sentry's Backpack with CHD
    Gloves : 163 Gold with Savage, CHC, CHD and AR Damage (wasted slot :()
    Holster : 191 Sentry's Holster with + Armour

This gives me a grand total of :
    220k DPS with Aug, 71K health, 64.47% damage mitigation and 10k SP (something's gotta give)

These stats were achieved with a total GS of 158

The Green M1A isn't all that bad, can crit for 400k+ damage when pulse is up :)

The lower bracket DZ is a lot friendlier, when lots of people gather at an extract, it's cos they genuinely want to extract, and not cos they want to gank you when you're sticking your loot on the rope. I haven't had any extract fights at all, for the whole of today

There's a lot of grouping on the fly too, I normally run solo but always get invites whenever I run past a fellow agent. Sometimes I join for the heck of it :)

The landmarks and bosses are up more often cos the overall clear speed is slower, and so are the DZ chests and Div Tech spots as well. So much more efficient and relaxing, should give it a try if you can!

4. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

Cheers for the post I might try to make a set like this and try my luck im still dz lvl 17:oops:

5. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

That exact issue was raised with Hamish one of the DEVS as a lot of LVL 99 Dark Zone Players were getting around with altered gear score limits which protect lower level players , but they had a HE 204 etc.. gun .. I think they will eventually class it as a exploit which now carries a 14 day ban ...

The DZ brackets were designed so you can move up if YOU elected to but you could not go down . What people do is called Bracket Glitch to avoid the detection of higher gear .. It could be a issue for TOG / Guidelines just saying

6. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

There's nothing in game, or on Ubi forums that says that we're 'supposed' to stay in the higher DZ bracket.

There is no glitch, there is no mobile cover shenanigans, and this isn't even glitchy get out of the map to DZ rank farm like many people are doing.

I am MUCH stronger with my full gearset on (full 240 Sentry with 204 reckless and savage pieces), but choose not to. It's silly to say that you can get banned for this, especially if you have friends that are not geared but still want to play with them. So what am I supposed to do, resign myself to never playing with them? Or insist on dragging them to the higher DZ bracket where we can get ganked by groups of full 99 players too bored to do anything but PvP and pick on lower players?

This is when you know a game has issues. When you have so many design flaws and technical issues that you can't fix it, but insist on the players 'behaving' so you don't have to punish them, as if we're all children again.

The only time the higher DZ bracket is fun, is when you have a full group of relatively geared players who you can trust not to stab you in the back. That is the fundamental problem with the Dark Zone, where you're rewarded for being a hooligan and picking on people weaker than yourself.

7. Binary-Ninja

We can go into any part of the DZ we want but the brackets adjust according to your kits that is how it was supposed to work .. If a lower level player wanted to, they could go to higher level areas , but it did not work the other way.. Until someone worked out how to do a work around for this.. I am not sure if it is 100% Kocher and i reckon Ubi will fix it reading the posts on this ..

The DZ Bracket Glitch is what it is called which is a red flag straight away ... i wont post any vids here but these are some of the names on youtube ***admins can delete if they think it is wrong *** just posting as naming convention

How to get below the +161 gear score bracket glitch
    DZ 0-160 Bracket Glitch

You have to basically do all of this stuff just to get a workaround for game which means game wasn't intended to do that .. I get what you mean by playing together etc.. it is a pain , but not sure if this was how you were supposed to do it .. The exploit part comes in when it is abused not saying you or TOGGERS are but there would be others out there who use it to gank on low level players with high end guns..

At the DZ 160 or below levels you cant normally get access to these HE guns as they are DZ Rank 50 75 or 99 especially the 204 gear score stuff this is the key .. If you changed ALL of your kit including guns to suit the correct level of a player that would be in this DZ area that would be different .. But we see they keep their HE guns

8. DaedalusAlpha

I wonder if it would be better if they looked at DZ rank instead of gear score?

9. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

Thats how it should be every 10 DZ rank you go up a bracket, so the high lvl rank players are not preying on the low geared/low ranked players

10. Binary-Ninja

Agree the DZ rank must stay so it can be flagged on entry .. What we see with the workaround using lower gear items to get into the 160 and under areas it means they can still use a high powered gun compared to what the others can .. If not they can flag any gear item gun or armour that shouldn't go into that area and if teams want to play together use a ALT with ALL the appropriate level gear for that zone or disable the higher end stuff that doesn't belong ..

Also they need to add more DZ gear score level areas to map just to make the progression upwards better and add more gear / safe houses . This might stop the need to drop gear score levels to go into the lower areas

11. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

I've been playing exclusively in the lower bracket for the past few days, and have been seeing more and more high level rogues popping up, farming lower level players.

It's becoming a bigger and bigger problem, and I agree with stricter brackets on Massive's part, be it based on highest GS items, or set bonuses or DZ rank. Something needs to be done, otherwise new players are going to come in, get griefed by level 99s, and quit the game forever.

Yesterday night was particularly bad, logged in and entered the DZ to see a group of 3 constantly going Manhunt by camping DZ 1 extraction points and spawn points. Made it my goal for the night to ruin theirs, the same way they were ruining the experience of the new players.

Killed 2 out of 3, mobs finished the last one, and myself the first time we tangoed. Mutually assured destruction ftw. Bum rushed them again the instant they went Manhunt, and got taken down by SP stacked sticky and sentry shots to the face FAST. Saw that they were all Level 80+ on my death screen. After respawn, I rushed them 1v3 when they were clustered up in a narrow alley and took all 3 down. They quit the server after that :)

Exp was really good too! 5 manhunts = Level 90.5 to Level 91.5. I think the DZPD members have been going into the lower bracket to cleanse it out too, saw a few nice videos floating around. Unfortunately, in the Division as in life, might makes right, and only those of us who are geared have any chance of stopping this massacre in the lower DZ bracket. They really need to fix it and fast, rather than have players policing the lower bracket

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  12. Binary-Ninja

@Xethrion Yep saw this constant rogue camping of DZ 1 extraction today before server maintenance .. I was trying to complete my daily of killing 5 purples and then saw 2 groups of 4 rogues on map at 90 metres and closing to DZ 1 area so got out .. When i was outside you can still see bits and pieces and they were camping the extraction ..

The ganking is getter worse at certain times

13. DaedalusAlpha

Why are you even hanging out in DZ01 and DZ02 if there are so many gankers there? I simply go to DZ03 and DZ04 when I play, hardly any gankers at all. If you don't like gankers, don't be where they are :p

14. Binary-Ninja

I have been in many areas in the DZ and these groups of gankers do go to DZ02 , DZ03 as well they are not just in DZ01 .. it is really a matter of timing .. i only go to DZ to complete a daily or check a safe house on weapon armour reset ... Once i see it going on i get out and come back later or ignore the daily ..

15. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Love to see references on dev views whether this is currently or may be sometime in the future be classified as an exploit.

TOG policy will support dev views so I would like to clarify one way or another.

16. Binary-Ninja

For me / my personal view apart from the workaround being a possible exploit is it lacks gamesmanship , fairness aka 8 or 4 players with high end guns ganking on 1 is poor form ..

If i was wearing TOG tags in a group of TOGGERS doing that it would / could not look good for the TOG community is what i am saying .. If they are just farming NPC's no real issue i can see unless it was mentioned by game dev as exploit

With the new changes in patch 1.2 these high level players will more then likely move to the new DZ 201 area for better rewards maybe only the other wanting cheap mats will stay

17. DaedalusAlpha

You would NOT like EVE Online ;)