[DONE] Eaz1 Application for membership in regards to Overwatch & World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Eaz1, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Eaz1

Eaz1 Just Joined

Hello TOG (The Old Gamers)

I hope you are all well, I have been referred to TOG via a old gaming buddy, iHale (Drew) and here is my application.

Overview / Introduction

G'day all, my name is Steven Orrell, from Sydney, Australia. You can refer to me as "Steve-o" or "Eaz".

* I am applying for full TOG membership
    * I am 30 years of age, born 15/03/1986
    * I have read the TOG FAQ - The Older Gamers Forums - FAQ

Games I am currently interested in playing are stated in the title as requested in the Potential Members Policy.

Hobbies include Gaming and 4wding. I have a Toyota Landcruiser with 1HD-FTE engine conversion, gear box, transfer case, dash swap, Superior engineering comp spec steering and performance upgrades, E-lockers, Winch, all the goodies. I am proud to say I am a member of TOA (Troopcarriers of Australia), Australia's biggest 4wd club.

Background

My first experience gaming would of been in the very early years of my life, installing "The Secret of Monkey Island" via 5.25" HD, DS Floppy Disk's.. Soon followed by the installation of "Lemmings". This is in reference to computers, I also had a NES at the time, and later a SNES. (I am no console gamer anymore, however I do enjoy a nostalgic thrash on a SNES. PCMaster race all the way.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

As the year's progressed so too did the games. With the release of HL (Half Life) came TFC (Team Fortress Classic). I joined one of the very first clans ever in Australian history.

This clan I speak of was [WHC] We Hate Clans. Other clan's around this time were [BBQ], |RoK|, [iRG]..

I believe you will get a chuckle out of our website developed in 1998 which is still available today.

WHC's ACE Website

Next came CS (Counter Strike). I first started playing in Beta 3, this continued through my child hood up until version 1.6 after I had finished my HSC at a technology high school. CS was the main game I played, and excelled in. I mainly competed at LAN competitions, SGL. Then came WCG and CPL. I was also sponsored by NetGamer and Headshot.

CS History -
    "[WHC]Snipz" - We Hate Clans Clan Member.
    "Drunkfluffybunny" - Clan Leader/Founder of Fluffy Bunnys Beta 0.3 - Version 1.4 later [FB].
    "-|rK|- Snipz" - Regiment Karnage clan member.
    "(nR) Eaz" - CPL Champs. No Remorse Clan member.
    "Syn| Eaz" - WCG Champs, World #3 WCG Singapore - Synergy Clan Member.
    "Clan-x.Stevo" - Clan Member - Sutherland Shire boys.

My CS days ended in 2005 when I decided to pack up my bags, and move to Alice Springs , Northern Territory Australia and work Rural Civil Construction work for Rick Chambers Engineering for several years, later moving to Townsville, then back to Sydney where it all began.

In Townsville I started getting back into gaming, a mate referred me to WoW (World of Warcraft), and I became addicted to games once again. Starting off on Jubeithos in late Vanilla just before the release of BC (Burning Crusade), and have played WoW ever since when I have had the time available outside of work.

I played the stress test for Overwatch, including the Open Beta, and since the release I have been smashing my way through Overwatch. Earlier today I played with old mate iHale, 2 old [WHC] members and a few TOG members. Really enjoyed the games and iHale recommended I apply for ToG.

I would like to thank TOG for giving me the opportunity to apply to a older gamer community. I have been seeking something along these lines for a long time.

Cheers

Kind Regard

Steven Orrell / "Eaz"

2. iHale

iHale Overwatch Captain

About time you applied eaz, should have done it 5 years ago lmao. Better late then never i guess :)

3. AlphaGamma

AlphaGamma Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game and communications servers
    Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 71,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best! :D

4. Eaz1

Eaz1 Just Joined

Cheers mateys