Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Seraki, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Seems we hold differing opinions on the subscription vs Free2Play or as well known, Fee2Play, if I understand this statement correctly...

I 100% pray this does not turn into a who wants to be a superhero ~ Fee2Play.
    Straight subscription keeps the game field equal. Fee2Play is a crappy setup for the current generation's impulsive attitude.

Fee2play works in games that are incident type battles... aka, World of Tanks. MMO wise, Fee2Play loses integrity in players whom would otherwise invest time into a character to keep some reasonable level of responsibility.

I think at one time they were discussing small merchants with a Fee2Play setting for inconsequential items while operating as a subscription. If that is the case and someone wants a showy glitter colored armor, more power to them. Heck, I may even have interest. However the KEY is inconsequential.

I agree Xenoph. I hope there are some release notes on the crafters angle as well. I imagine it is in the near future.. least I hope. :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. daranthered

daranthered Well-Known Member

I would disagree with that. I have played some good, well balanced free to play games. True I've played more horrible ones than not, but still, I think games that focus on selling players cosmetic items and shiny mounts and stays out of stat boosting is a perfectly acceptable F2P MMO.

In any case I believe that Zenimax has said bluntly there will be no cash shop, which means this will be a sub game. And I'm fine with that, I am hoping however, that it will be around $10.00 US a month, because I think %20.00 US is a little steep in this day and age.

3. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Seems we agree.

4. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

5. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Oh, I see. I have my posts show most recent first when logged in. I just cleared my cookies, etc and didn't realize I was not logged in. TOG default displays 1st post to last, reverse of my setting. When I entered, I saw your post and mistook it as a recent post. Quoted the portion of interest then realized I had not logged in. Logged in and finished the reply.

I was happy when they stated it would be subscription and was concerned when they started discussing potential for small fee based "shops".
    Anyone here know the status of that topic? They continuing this route or had a change of mind? If they are continuing, is it "inconsequential" type items or not? Or have they revealed this?

6. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I think it may just be inconsequential stuff. Stuff like server transfers (from EU to NA), name changes, and similar account based stuff. Nothing really game related.

7. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

My guess would be much the same as WoW, mounts, pets, etc.

8. Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu Active Member

Aldmeri Dominion all the way! \ :) /

9. Tombstonee

Tombstonee Active Member

So will tog be one big happy Guild and never see each other in pvp, or will we make a guild for each alliance?

10. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Integrity (secure forums) will be key if this does turn to be a reasonable rvr/pvp setting.

11. GenesisInc

GenesisInc Elder Scrolls Online Officer

If it is like the BF4 comp scene, you can just set up private tog sections within the main tog forum (ie, TOG Elder Scrolls (main forum) Aldmeri (private sub),etc)

Only the people that have permission to see the sub forum can see it and post in it

12. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

Im an avid Elder Scrolls player, loved Morrowind and Skyrim.. ..Oblivion.. ..not so much (although it was a beautiful game, the levelling system was retarded and it was bland in comparison to skyrim and morrowind)..

..anyway I digress.

I never got a beta key and that annoys the hell out of me! :evil: :evil:

But launch is soon and I am really really excited to see how the game turns out..

13. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

To be honest, I will play whatever. The guild can pick a single faction, but I still can make characters in other factions and yet still be in the guild with those characters. Remember guilds can go cross faction, they just wont let them into the same PvP instances.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  14. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

This...

But will probably depend on the player numbers. To be effective you'll need 20 to 50 or so active players on at any one time. For 3 factions thats up to 60 to 150. You also need leaders, always hard to find, to herd the masses/drive forward/motivate etc. So maybe another 3 'leaders' per faction. And this is only for the AUTZ... there is the EU and US as well... so, lots of people. WOW levels basically.

Or do what Planetside 2 did and pick 1 TOG faction and stick with it.

It will be tough, as there are some very popular races in each faciton.

15. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

is it April yet ?

16. Blue_Talon

Your avatar says no

17. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

Are we there yet ?

18. Blue_Talon

Not yet... soon

19. joeshmoe554

joeshmoe554 Well-Known Member

20. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

Just what the world needs, more elf fascists and their cat [STRIKE]slaves[/STRIKE] allies..

;)