Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Seraki, Dec 10, 2012.

1. morroIan

morroIan Active Member

I seem to remember some discussion a while ago about a TOG area on the beta forum. Does it still exist and can someone post a link if it does?

2. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

I got moved by a ESO mod to a group forum which means we can't all get access to it.

3. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Oh,so that's why the TOG thread isn't coming up in the search any more. I guess I'm in a different group.

4. mizlplix

mizlplix Just Joined

ESO OPEN BETA TODAY!

Greetings,

Just a reminder that The Elder Scrolls Online beta test starts today at 12pm (noon) EST. Have you created your account, verified it by email, downloaded the client, and patched up?

Get a key at: Curse - WoW Addons, Minecraft Mods, Curse Client and Gaming News

And join the fun!

Noon EST
    10:AM MST
    9:AM PST TODAY!

Play sick from work, call in sick or just play hooky.

But do it early as the DL takes a while....several hours...

Miz

5. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

This does not break the NDA, but anyone who is interested in this game may want to beg/borrow/steal a beta stress test key and try the game prior to purchasing it. I strongly recommend you try before you buy imho...

6. daranthered

daranthered Well-Known Member

Ctrl-Alt Delete was pretty funny the other day. I suggest reading the commentary about the comic on the main page. I feel the same way about chocolate chip cookies.

7. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

I have a theory: Perhaps this NDA only blocks good publicity.

My reasoning: People who hate the game can say whatever they want about it. They don't want to play it, so they don't care if they get banned for breaking the NDA. On the other hand, those who like the game and want to play it tend to keep their mouths shut for fear of breaking the NDA and getting banned.

8. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

I like that.... so here's my taste test.

I like chocolate cookies. I like chocolate in general. I was therefore really excited about having enough chocolate cookies that I can share with others. I've heard others say these cookies arent as good as other cookies becuase they're too chewy or too different or too similar but I like these cookies. I say try these cookies then make your own assessment of the recipe.

9. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

I loved these cookies, been awhile since i have enjoyed cookies this much.

They need to drop the NDA for the Beta stress test and let the players tell it like it is, the media is hammering the game yet the players them selves seem to have the opposite opinion of it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  10. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

The media seems to be butthurt about Imperial being an exclusive race to only collector's edition, and are calling it a backwards way to put a paygate in to get content.

I don't really care, and am getting a physical imperial edition.

11. daranthered

daranthered Well-Known Member

My posterior feels little pain on this matter, but I am of two minds about it. On one hand I think conceptually, it is good that Imperials will be available to all sides. On the other hand, I think the special edition (most special editions) are over priced for the content they grant. Really, the only thing in the special edition I really wanted was the Molag Bal statue.

12. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

banned um some NDA u can get sued for breaking them
    but WORSE if u break one u can be Banned from TOG :(

13. Muttonchops

Muttonchops Well-Known Member

This!! Definitely this! It's a shame that the players can't tell people their views. Seems to me the Media are unhappy that it doesn't fit the other cookie cutter moulds very well so that counts against it. <--see what I did there? Cookies!

14. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I obviously cannot say why I feel this way - but I really don't understand some of the negative reviews out there. It almost feels like some media sites are deliberately trying to sink this game. Massively posted a review/opinion that basically boiled down to - I didn't play much, I didn't try much crafting, I didn't do any dungeons, I didn't explore much because I couldn't be bothered, and I don't like this game. Honestly, bizarre.

They definitely need to lift the NDA or even have an open beta weekend.

15. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Zenimax got on the wrong side of the editor of Massively, according to her personal blog. Taking us for granted skycandy And they posted rave reviews of Neverwinter, the most linear MMO I have ever played. Presumably Cryptic took them seriously?

I didn't agree with some of Angry Joe's impressions either, although I agreed that a special pack with a special race for extra money is the kind of tactic that you pay a sub to get away from. I couldn't believe there was a guy on his video complaining that there weren't huge packs of mobs in the world that he could just grind away on between quests. To me, that's the most boring thing about some MMOs.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  16. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I don't like Massively. They put way too much bias in their articles. I'm fine with hearing an opinion from the journalist, but they've constantly featured articles that are practically just bashing whatever game that writer didn't enjoy.

17. Xss

Xss Just Joined

I too am looking for a guild. Even if a guild can be of all of the 3 factions, we must PVP as a single faction.I beleave would make sense to make a single faction guild. Assumingsome would enjoy PVP. Good thing the upgraded version of the game lets us play any race any faction.