Enhanced gaming tools for ESO?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Sytes, Feb 3, 2014.

1. zyric

zyric Active Member

I had the Nostromo, which I believe is the predecessor of the Orbweaver and didn't like it because the keys were just to stiff. I might suggest seeing if you can find an Orbweaver in a store and trying it out to see how stiff the keys are. The Orbweaver is suppose to be better but it doesn't say anything about the key tension. That is actually the whole reason I got a G13, because my fingers were stiff and sore after gaming for a few hours when I used the Nostromo.

2. Thunderfire

Thunderfire Just Joined

I recently got a chance to play around with the one I had not used ( I have gamed in the past with both the Nostromo and G13 - G13 being my favorite ) I would say the Nostromo and Razer Tartarus are about the same size and the G13 and Razer Orbweaver are fairly close in size. The larger 2 ( Orbweaver and G13) might not be comfortable if you have small hands, If you have used the Nostromo I can tell you the G13 and Orbweaver are quite a bit larger, I have heard complaints from people about unusable keys because they couldn't reach them...Just and FYI if you are considering one of these

I am currently using a Tartarus myself, IMO the thumb buttons are laid out better on it than the G13, I like the mechanical buttons of the Orbweaver just didn't want to pony up the extra dollars :D

It all boils down to, in my opinion, if you liked the Nostromo then the Tartarus the "new" Nostromo and the Orbweaver is Razers version of the G13

See you guys in the game!!

3. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

I will mention that the point of the 'spacebar' lower thumb button on the Orbweaver for jump (in that article) seems awkward. When I'm using the thumbstick to move, I can't also use my thumb to jump and expect any level of control. The two thumb buttons, I tend to map to things like autorun and mount, as I'll be hitting them while standing still.

Qualitywise, I can't say, having only used the G13, however, I got it second hand, and have been using it for years without any failure, so it's really sturdy.

4. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

Ya, agree. The spacebar that would be awkward. May need to swap that with another keybind. Hmmm.. w/o trying it maybe it is usable w/ the palm portion of the thumb. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a store that has the Orb or G13 available to try. :(

5. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

A pretty interesting review by our famous IrishLad:

6. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

G13's from Amazon.com - $84 delivered without sneaky IP changing software!

7. Y0kenB

Y0kenB Getting Started

I bought myself the G602 yesterday and very impressed with it. I actually had to disable the middle bottom button in the row of 6 due to my thumb always clicking it accidentally, but all in all it's a great mouse.
    Did some profile customization and it does make playing ESO so much easier having everything at your fingertips.

I also have the G35 headset which has been a very reliable headset for the last 4 years. probably have an updated model by now but good bang for your buck.

8. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

I just bought the 602 about a month ago to use at work. I like it for the most part, but prefer the 700s that I have at home, mainly because it uses a rechargeable battery and can be run wired.

9. Vayden

Vayden Active Member

G13 thumb control for movement is much better if you drop in a PS3 thumbstick, can buy them online (ebay, amazon etc) for about $3 a pair. I bought 6 a year or so ago and used 4 to fix a couple of controllers that the dog chewed and had a couple spare to drop on into my G13.

Requires pulling the G13 apart and some modding of the thumbstick (drilling the hole a bit deeper, possibly having to widen the hole on the top cover of the G13 to let the thumbstick fit through) to get it to fit, will probably void warranty but mine is years old and well out of warranty anyway.