EQ original

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by tlbww, Mar 3, 2012.

1. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

F2P with only a handful of restrictions.

Myself and a few other people are running on the Trakanon server. It's low population, but we are running the PoTime stages, which means you can experience the game content.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. Medrall

Medrall Active Member

I started playing again last month and I really enjoy it.
    But I'm on the Al'Kabor MAC server (AKA: PoP server) which is 100% free since last month after SOE first said they were going to shut down the server for good in MArch and then the whole eq community went mad and you could even find news about it all over the net and SOE finally decided to cancel the shutdown and made it free for all.
    The community there is really great :)

3. Malkar

Malkar Just Joined

Was thinking of giving this a go. I never played back in the day but heard good things. Not so sure about the amount of restrictions on f2p and im not really prepared to sub. Also I have a macbook and a desktop pc so if i do decide to play should i get eqmac or the normal version? what is the difference? Does eqmac have the same f2p restrictions?

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  4. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

EQmac is fully f2p with 0 restrictions. If you can play the game, I would recommend that b/c of that lack of restrictions. I want to see if I can someone go to that version.

I have eq installed, but with how it pretty much forces you to play the new zones, all of my knowledge of lvling, equipts, and party location is thrown out the window. That, and the game really hasn't changed a bit with other better looking games out there that are a bit more user friendly. IDK if I'm up for MMOwork again.

5. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

So i'm in it a bit more for the long term. In the progressive guild on Trak.

Lvl 60 rogue. If anyone is considering it, I'd say give a it a go. Lvl up is pretty fast and they made the game vastly more accessible than when I first played the game. The F2p limitations suck, but there are some work arounds.

6. Liin

Liin Just Joined

I am playing on the Mac server and have been for a year now. It is still a good game after all these years.

7. greatdark

greatdark Just Joined

I have two accounts on the Fippy Paw server(progression server) but would love to start new characters with others.

8. Medrall

Medrall Active Member

Just started from scratch last weekend on the mac server a new druid named Medjfar and still love the game :)
    Will prob play it again for a few months ;)
    Put me in your friend list

9. Nukluk

Nukluk Elder Scrolls Online Division Captain

I downloaded it this past weekend, over 8 gb. F2P includes 17 of 19 expansions. Sometime this week they are doing away with the f2p class & race limits. So you can roll any class or race you want for free.

My old characters were waiting for me on Luclin-Stromm server. It felt great to be back in Norrath, but my learning curve for playing was high. Too many years & games since the old days. Making plat and AA levels is crazy-fast.
    I will probably roll a new Troll & Iksar on RP server Fironia Vie to play with my daughter.

10. Tachyon

Tachyon Well-Known Member

I've been playing with a progression guild on Trakanon myself... good times!

11. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

Tach, you did join us on Immortal =). I'm Taush on there. Times good!

12. Tachyon

Yeah, this thread reminded me of that group, thanks!

Having fun revisiting EQ after a few years off.

13. Nukluk

Nukluk Elder Scrolls Online Division Captain

I rolled a monk & a berserker on the RP server. I am happy the races & classes are all open for F2P players.

First impressoins (wall of text from my phone):
    It feels great to be back! Leveling with the new Mercenary system is a breeze, even solo. I really needed to do the tutorial newbie cave, so much I forgot. Love the multiple commands you csn put on one hotkey. Platinum is the new gold... I got pp insanely fast in tutorial caves, not so much since. Monk is level 29 and still using newbie weapons as I have not gotten usedul drops and Bazaar weapons are insanely over my affordabiliry. EQ still offers my fav Monk class od all MMOs. Merc is starting to drain my newbie pp. Wish I could transfer my mains from anorher server, with cash & items. The game has some great improvements, and F2P offers a TON of playability.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  14. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

Nukluk, you should join us on Trakanon. Friendly faces and good people.

15. Tachyon

I second that! And anyone else for that matter. The free version of EQ is fine for the point of progression we are at now and it's easy to level up.

16. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

mad easy. It scares me how easy it is to get AA's. I remember the time of 3 aas every hour

17. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

I've returned to Norrath and play with my guild thats been around since 2004 on Stromm/Luclin. Its still a lot of fun and has plenty of challenges and content. Wouldn't mind joining a progressive guild.

18. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

Join us on Trakanon. Immortal Evolution is the name of the guild.

19. Tachyon

Which guild? I played on Stromm since day one myself as a Necromancer named Rijak, mainly from 2003-2006. Lot's of great times! I jump back there every so often, but with me at 70 in Anguish gear and everyone else pushing 100 it's hard to get back into the flow.

I'd second the Trakanon suggestion, even if just as a sideline. It's a lot easier to catch up!

20. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Oh hey Rijak, this is Roccodundee from Lore Seekers of Norrath (currently known as Eternal Journey.) Good to see you! I'm still playing with EJ at the moment but very casually. I have a lot of games on my plate right now including Darkfall Unholy Wars but will try and set more time aside for EQ. I still enjoy it quite a bit.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013