Event: Friday 29th March, 7pm AEDT discussion

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Sorontar, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

I won't be there, because I'll be sleeping, but I do have a thought to contribute.
    In the future, it might save the admin team some headaches if, when picking a mod pack, we just use the pack as it comes. I think having to fuss around with untested mod combinations might be more work than it's worth.
    Opinions on that may vary, but that's mine.

2. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

Currently accepting bribes to alter the minutes to make it more exciting ;)

3. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator

Perhaps draw little stickmen in the corner of the page ...

4. Akira Doe

Akira Doe Active Member

:( I won't be able to make it.

Have fun, no pressure...

5. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Thanks to all that came to the discussion and those that contributed (including a sick Henri). Many things were discussed, including discussing the existing servers, future servers and how the Admin team communicates with the Division. We have a lot to take on board. There will be changes so hopefully things will seem clearer in the future. I will provide information on a few server related issues in other threads.

Sorontar

6. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Retired Captain

Lol, my wife asked me in Google Talk if i was feeling better, but my cursor was in Mumble :)

A lot of great suggestions tonight in the way we communicate. Thanks all for coming.

7. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

Cavalia was great, hope the chat went well.

8. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Where is the audio of the discussion posted?

9. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

Obsi has managed to compress the 2.5 hours to an mp3 of 67 Mb. It is at
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60108299/MumbleMeeting_29313.mp3

It got too difficult to summarise at the time. This may be done in the future, but no promises.

As I pointed out in my previous post, many things were discussed. Some parts were heated but most of it wasn't. Either way, all points will be considered in future decision-making by the Admin team. We realise that not everyone was there and the purpose of the meeting was to help inform the division and the Admin team about each other's concerns and suggestions, especially to do with the future of the servers and worlds.

This discussion will hopefully be the first of many. We are trying to improve the way in which the Admin team communicates with the Division. We are always open to suggestions sent in PMs or in forum posts.

The impression I got from the meeting is that some of the Division feel that this Division's admin team is not as verbose about decisions and investigations as in other Divisions. While this may be so, I remind the Division that TOG has the flexibility for the nature of its Divisions to be adaptable. They don't all have to be the same in their command structure or the way they or any of their servers are run. While we aim to keep you informed, not all of the adminstration decisions or processes need to be for public discussion beforehand.

Another point is that Minecraft can be a tricky game to run, especially with mods involved. We don't always know how much any change will affect players, regardless of how much testing we do. Neither Minecraft nor the Admin team is perfect. We will make mistakes. We will have to undo decisions. We will not always be available to fix problems. We will make changes to the way things are done. This is a voluntary team running a gaming social community in a non-professional environment.

Thank you,

Sorontar

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  10. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

2.5 hours, yikes. I'll definitely make alternative dinner arrangements next time so i don't have to leave half way!

Btw props for exercising professionalism and humilty when the heat was on Sor.