Fall Out MMO

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Bayle, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Bayle

Bayle Retired Captain

Interplay Proposes $75M Fallout MMO?
    By Kris Graft

A federal filing has revealed that diminished publisher/developer Interplay has big plans for its Fallout MMO—$75 million worth of plans, according to an investment proposition. When Interplay’s French parent company Titus Interactive went bankrupt in 2005, the fate of its subsidiaries fell into question. Interplay had licensed the rights to some of its assets to stay afloat, including Fallout 3 and two additional sequels to Bethesda.

However, Interplay retained the rights to certain assets, including a Fallout MMO.

In a late November US Securities and Exchange Commission filing containing Fallout MMO-related sections (which were marked “Confidential,” incidentally), Interplay made an investment offer. The offer proposed the sale of Interplay common stock which would be admitted for trade on one of the Euronext pan-European exchanges. The proceeds from the sales would then be used towards production of the game, which would also be supported by undisclosed development and distribution partners.

The company hopes to gather a whopping total budget of $75 million, comprised of $5 million for pre-production, $40 million for production and a launch budget of $30 million.

Production is proposed to begin as early as 2007, with a launch slated for Q3 2010. The company’s proposal expects 1 million subscribers during the first year, and projects profitability in year two, revenue of $160 million annually after its first year and net income of $50 million annually starting in year three.

According to the filing, Interplay is planning the game on a global scale, as the company cites competing MMOs popular overseas, such as Lineage 1 and 2, Mu Online and The World of Legend, as well as games popular in the West and other regions such as World of Warcraft, Guild Wars and City of Heroes/Villains. The filing added that “The market is global as players can access the servers from any country subject to localization.”

The business model outline also said that the game would be playable via a subscription or a usage-based time card, and available as a client-based download.

At this point, the investment offer appears to only be a proposal. Whether or not the plan comes to fruition is another story.

Next-Gen contacted Interplay to clear up our questions, but calls weren’t returned as of press time."

does this excite anyone besides me?lol

Frostbeard likes this.
  2. Killian

Killian Retired Captain

WOW, i really whis i did not read this.... now ill wont be albe to sleep till it comes out. i wana play it now!!!

3. Frostbeard

Frostbeard Active Member

I salute you. You just took it to the next level. Great find.

4. shadowmage

shadowmage Getting Started

This was posted on mmorpg.com in a discussion about Bioware's mmorpg project

5. eesx

eesx Active Member

*starts saving bottlecaps*

6. paenggoy

paenggoy Active Member

7. Cpl.Cooter-USMC

Cpl.Cooter-USMC Well-Known Member

what a tease......

8. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

If this does eventuate (remember, its interplay boys and girls ;) ) I'm all over it like a fat kid on a cup-cake. ;)

9. Tiger74

Tiger74 Guest

oh boy... oh boy... oh boy....!!!

I got, played and LOVED fallout tactics brotherhood of steel... This project looks interesting indeed!

10. Bugsquash

Bugsquash Well-Known Member

mmm This will be my Eve replacement i think. pew pew with mutations :D

11. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

2010?!?!?!?! We're the OLDER GAMERs - I may be dead by then =P.

Yes, very exciting. I am extremely interested in any MMOG without dwarfs and elves at this point.

12. shadowmage

shadowmage Getting Started

Then take a look at Tabula Rasa its about to go into closed beta.

13. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

I signed up for their beta. I recently saw a screenshot of their UI, not pretty - granted its not all about the eye candy, but after WoW I need a good UI to get me sucked into an MMOG.

14. McMuttons

McMuttons Well-Known Member

I'm a bit curious about Tabula Rasa, but we'll see. It'll be interesting to see if Richard Gariott still has it. It's quite a step from the Ultima series.

15. Ralakan

Ralakan Retired Advisor

as with any other promise of Fallout anything... I'll believe it when i see it