Fallout 4. November 10, 2015!

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 (Public)' started by Lurch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Quick Tip: Pressing shift in build mode will allow you to navigate items with WASD instead on the arrow keys.

2. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I've been in Diamond City for the last gaming hour of about 7 at Level 10. While the place is awesome to explore, I figure that I probably should start looking for my boy and I don't want to stumble across an area that ends up being a mission later on.

I also completed a mission that netted a legendary weapon pretty early that can make clearing out some of the areas I'm now in pretty simple. I guess I'll pay later on when I can't find ammo for said weapon.

3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Found Boston and a few other places like Vault 81 but no idea on where Diamond City is or if i need to go there .. Pip Boy / Map is worst navigation system i have seen in a game whats was wrong with a normal style hud map ..

Going by this i am almost there as i am in Boston the institute on the map opposite Diamond city would actually be MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston on the river

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

Main Questline starts at diamond. So yeah you will need to go there eventually.

Currently on Hard difficulty, so picking up legendaries sorta fast.

Found atleast 15 legendaries armour/weapons in my run.

Got an melee leg early on about lvl 5, only now replaced it for something better at 25 :p

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  5. Binary-Ninja

just got to diamond city i am at about 9 hr 10 mins or so .. OMG that was frustrating :)

6. Bru1zer

Bru1zer Guardian Captain

Go to the salem museum of witchcraft, you definitely wont need your power armour.

7. barduck

barduck Active Member

The workshop storage will scrape junk stored in it automatically for needed components when you try to build something you don't have components for.

However, there are conflicting reports whether the auto scrapping process wastes components that are not required for actually building the current item. Some say surplus components go back to the workshop storage, others say it gets discarded.

8. barduck

barduck Active Member

Workshop storage is not shared between settlements by default. You need to take the "Local Leader" perk (CHA 6) and then assign free settlers to trade routes between settlements, then those storages will be connected and you can share stuff between them.

Purg likes this.
  9. LavaCaverns

Need materials to build your settlement? Cannot find them?

CBF salvaging all your junk?

Power armour falling apart? No aluminium to repair?

This mod is for you!

Warning cheat mod

Batch File all the junk at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

I admit i use the Mat bat file... God damn ran out of aluminium reeaaall quick on hard and loud repairing my armour. Now playing on very hard/survival to balance it out.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  10. Binary-Ninja

IGN AU has a interactive google style map . zoom in / out .. click on icons to show details

Fallout 4 Map - IGN

11. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

This game is a horribe terrible absolutly crap game and everyone should avoid it!

why you say! WHY! I will tell you why!

Today I spent 3 hours building Sanctuary, yes thats right, all up 5 hours played and 3 hours of it was making a town look great!

yes, this game is horrible! it is engaging and will eat your social life! the fighting is interesting (might need to put more into strength) the game is great! I mean terrible!

ok, fine, I love it, sure I am more irradiated than Chernobyl atm! and I might have no more power for my armour, but my guns are pretty!

I feel this is a game (like skyrum) that I will restart a dozen times and each time change my strategy just a bit to try and make it better!

12. Starjack

Starjack Elite Dangerous: Vice Captain

13. C4

C4 Retired Captain

loving this game so far, level 19 with lots of exploring and already got a handful of settlements up and running. Got 2 full sets of power armor and also a chest piece from a quest that was really tough.

14. LavaCaverns

Level 32 Here....

And dont think i have explored even a quarter of locations.

Oh man, went in thinking 'na i wont need to melee much'...

Turns out melee became my '**** it, lets do this' weapon of choice :p

Boosting charisma seems to be the right way to go. So many options open up.. for good and bad.

Lock picking and hacking is essential if you want to go anywhere or gain knowledge

15. Binary-Ninja

Level 11 almost 12 just working my way around then realised i was doing it all wrong but got some nice stuff anyways ... Took me ages to work out the lock picking as it is tricky ..

Now just need help on the power armour thing and how when what to do etc..

16. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH Well-Known Member

17. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

So anyone a sniper and able to play without getting into melee situations?

18. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

My current main weapon is a bolt action pipe rifle with a couple of screws for a sight. Can drop quite a few things single shot in sneak mode with a headshot. Quickly swap to a shotgun if things get a little too close. I just purchased a medium speed sword that I haven't had a chance to use. Had a baseball bat (a swatter I think they call it?) and it was so slow it was largely useless when you were being ganged up on.

Still finding that out in the wilderness is more dangerous than most missions. Infiltrated a fort, killed everything in it including the big boss in the main quest without a single death. Went outside and 3 giant mosquitoes killed me again. :p

19. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

Sniper here, got a spec'd out 10mm hand gun! might work on my pipe pistol too as the 10mm ammo is a mongral to find

20. Binary-Ninja

i use a really nice pipe sniper with a bayonet for the melee situations you cant avoid or the CQB times as well but also have specced up a 10mm with a few mods to handle other times

For some of the bigger things i found this charged sniper rifle nice impact and institute pistol from killing synths at the retirement home in salem