Fallout 4. November 10, 2015!

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 (Public)' started by Lurch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Minecraft Division Captain

I now have the brothers gun, I am going to mod it to be an energy sniper rifle! and then maybe mod an institute rifle to be a close combat one as I think I want them to look alot different (the rear of my laser and brothers gun look identical)

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

@C4 i went back for the brain thats all .. grabbed Kellogg's clothes as they were good damage until i got the minute men general suit .. now i look like paul revere but the stats are good .. Not sure what the other stuff would of done

@Purg the big boy i think is the bigger version have to see al the specs but they look like they fire little nuke footys ..

OMG i am never going back to to see Virgil again that is a nightmare ..

Also if anyone is stuck on the armoury opening at castle as it is as vague as i have ever seen help wise .. The person that is there to help is next to useless .. she tells you to blow up the rubble i was in a dining area with a missile launcher on table so thought that was it .. It does nothing , many others had same issue.

You need to go into workshop mode then remove the rubble that way by highlighting it etc..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  3. C4

C4 Well-Known Member

[STRIKE]Where did you manage to get the 60d parts, a quest? heard power armour spawns depending on your level and you need to be around the late 30s to early 40's for the 60 parts.[/STRIKE]

Seems the above is incorrect, I picked up 60 series power armour around level 26.

lol this was a pain, took me awhile to work out you need to get into workshop mode after a lot of spent nades ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  4. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

With regards to the power armour, I assume most people got a set very early on? Once I finished that quest, I've not used it since. I didn't realise that you could hold 'E' to exit and didn't see the hoist you can use to repair it so I had removed it in individual pieces and stashed it in my dumpster.. :p

Do people use the suit for specific quests where the enemy and more difficult? Use it all the time? Is there enough power and ammo to keep the suit going on long quests? What happens if you run out of power on the suit?

I saw a gif the other day of someone sneaking up to a power suit wearing enemy and pick pocketing the power core. Caused the user to exit the suit so they could slit their throat. Thought it was neat. ;)

5. crash.v2b

crash.v2b Well-Known Member

Purg I did a fast travel with my power depleted armor back to somewhere I could stash it haven't used it since

6. DarkDuck

mine is at Sanctuary. I have 12 cores that I could use with it but meh I prefer not to use it!

one thing to note. at level 13 I have a Mod D piece of armour it involved a location that was not a mission. I can tell more if people want but for now will leave it blank!

7. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Good to know I'm not making it artificially hard for myself then.

FWIW, I was concerned about joining the Brotherhood would end my effort with the Minutemen. Just tried it now and it doesn't appear to have affected either faction. I enjoy clearing out areas to expand the colony and the promise of high tech hardware from the Brotherhood is hard to resist.

8. Binary-Ninja

@Purg i am doing both Brotherhood and Minutemen quests at same time and had no issues i have one power armour at Red Rocket and another on the Brotherhood ship ..

As far as mission i want to use it especially for the Salem Deathclaw thing but worried about running low and leaving suit somewhere although i do have approx 9 cores .. had to give 3 to Vault 81 ..

It is easier to get around without suit but some missions will need it ..

Purg likes this.
  9. Bru1zer

Bru1zer Guardian Division Captain

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Binary-Ninja

Holy cow look at the damage on the Gauss .. i have a night vision sniper and that was 55 or so .. thats 4 x more ...

11. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE GATLING?????

Level 44 now. Doing all of prestons side quests and its never ending...
    Joined another faction.

I give the gauss rifle to follower, they can have the canon, i will carry the nuke.

That said. i hardly ever use fatman but again i have yet to enter glow sea and i have a feeling i will need it.

Switched up my gun order, now using a plasma sniper rifle for 4th slot and using it up nice and close lol.

Got my hands on a Shishkebab which promptly replaced my melee :)

Currently have both preston and Val in power armour and 3rd set ready for when switching back to piper.

Currently wearing T60f with stealth mod equipped.
    Noticed X-01 power armour in loading screen. Hope that we get our hands on that some sometime in the timeline :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. DarkDuck

well I have just caused more problems for another settlement! I feel cursed I walk into a functioning settlement it turns out there are synths and I wipe people out Damn!

now, how is everyone keeping upto date with the side quests I have a tonne lol

13. jillaroo81

jillaroo81 Active Member

Loads of side quests just sitting there right now. Progressing the main story arc at the moment mainly. I got the Gatling Laser from the BoS Airship weapon store, but I'm yet to find the Gauss Rifle (I so want that one). Otherwise my main weapon for choice is a nicely modded Assault Rifle, and a Sniper Rifle. The 10mm pistol also has good use indoors.

One random Legendary raider out in the sticks dropped a .44 revolver with infinite ammo. That's also in use :)

14. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Unfortunately, the dev cheat (special room with all items) works the same in Fallout 4 as it did in Skyrim. As with most cheats regardless how they are implemented, temptation to make the game easier will ruin the experience for everyone except those who really enjoy the "road" towards completion. -*(

Remember, the longest road is always the most rewarding!

TQQdles™

15. Bru1zer

Dude actually check out what people sell, BOS store.

I couldn't handle the stealth mod draining my AP, love the jetpack, actually allows you to short cut some areas or go through the back door so to speak
    I got dance in a stealth chest piece.
    FYI Any power armour you give dance doesn't degrade.

Almost complete XO1 Mk VI just missing one leg.

[​IMG]

Look over the shoulder of said store owner, nice helmet he has too.

Speaking of gauss rifles snagged another one with 50% limb damage off a Ledgendary Glowing Deathclaw out in the glowing sea, took a whole core in the GL and popped every chem I had to take the thing down, super smash bros style jetpacking over his head.
    Anyway... went and tested it on an unsuspecting super mutant, sneak attack crit punched his torso out of his body and across the map, left all his limbs just hanging in mid air, PMSL.

16. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

lucky bastard. Out of curiosity how much of an upgrade is the X-01 from t60f?

Is the X-01 a side quest obtain or main?

And yes bruiser i face palmed when realised how easily obtained the gatling is :p

17. Bru1zer

About 40 DR and 30 something health and a bit more ER for a leg.

Apparently you can find it anywhere there is a power armour spawn, but more likely to get it the higher your level.

the glowing sea, it's definitely a chore to get to.

18. C4

C4 Well-Known Member

my current power armour collection. X-01 my current favourite, found it in a building with two robots guarding it somewhere around good neighbour.

Raider, T-45, T-51, T60 and X-01

[​IMG]

19. Randm Pixlz

Randm Pixlz Active Member

Yeppers. I got mine fairly early on. All based on level. Looks so badass.

Now, off to save detective valentine!

20. Bru1zer

As RDJ said in iron man.
    "Throw a little hot rod red in there."
    [​IMG]