Faultline Ep 3 Get That Line Cut

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Binary-Ninja, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

# 3 for your enjoyment

2. Jia

Jia Retired Moderator

I really hate being a downer, but I just can't shake that "been there, done that" feeling I get from watching the videos so far. Aside from the eye-candy, this game looks just like any other generic, unimaginative action shooter. The flashing icons, telling the player when to click either the right or the left mouse button, were the final strike for me.

I'm surprised that we still haven't seen any of Frostbite 2's environment destruction (ignoring video #2's scripted ending). The single player footage is a huge letdown for me - but luckily the multiplayer game modes are what Battlefield is about, so I still have high hopes.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  3. Doughboy

Doughboy Retired Captain<br>Correspondent

I have to agree Jia. I watched interview over at game.on.net and Dice are saying that players want more (ie - SP and Co-Op), but they are expecting most "hardcore" BF fans to go straight into MP.

I know thats where I will be!

4. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

It has a SP component? I'll probably forget that by tomorrow. :p

I love the look of it, may look same old same old because environments are improving with technology improvements but this one seems to be pushing the envelope just a little bit more.

Squad based with big player counts on huge maps and I'll be a happy BF3'er. :D

5. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

6. Binary-Ninja

Jia BF3 for me is about the expansive map play in a MP based FPS genre , i think this expansive play leads to far more team work , no lone wolves or not as many ... no snipers sitting their padding their stats on their lonesome... BF2 was awesome for teamwork whether as a clan or you just joined a squad

The tanks wont move far without engineers , Sniper will cover a squad as they move in to complete a objective things like that .. The videos all look very similar to most modern warfare type shooter but yet to see destruction 2.0 and some decent MP videos ..

7. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

BF2 was alot better for teamplay. Alot has to do with ingame VOIP. I really hope they get that right this time. That is one of the things BFBC2 is lacking. That and of course it really brought people out that were more concerned with their KDR of course..

There was a little bit of destruction in those videos. The walls chipping away when the sniper shoots in ep2, the overpass cover falling away when it gets shot in ep3 etc. and don't forget the earthquake at the end of ep3. All this was done in real-time, all be it very scripted. But it still is early days and all that footage was from the alpha or pre alpha stage of the game.

8. Binary-Ninja

yeah agree DougB the graphics are probably not polished at this stage we see but i think / hope BF3 will beat any modern FPS shooter even based on a similar graphics level if their gameplay if like BF2 ...

9. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Ok I just found this when looking through YouTube. It's all 3 eps of the Faultline series in one clip. I haven't watched it all cause I am still at work.

I have never put a YouTube clip in a post before so I hope it works. If it doesn't here's the link:
    YouTube - Battlefield - COMPLETE "Fault Line" Gameplay

Edit: Yay it worked

10. Binary-Ninja

At end of ep3 i posted it said april 17 to see full clip .. cheeky people edited it..

the other thing BF3 and the new frostbite engine has over the other modern FPS fgames is the lighting and hwo it will switch from day to nite on the cycle adds realism

We just work here Dave .. love that line

11. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

The sun setting on a full server tussling on a front line would be freaking neat. The only FPS I can play that has that today is ARMA. Sadly, it just doesn't have the community to make it a fun experience PvP. Fingers crossed.

12. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Far Cry 2 does it :)

13. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I'm sure that community is even smaller than ARMA's. :(

14. Binary-Ninja

i am not even sure if FC2 had a multiplayer it was so rare to see :)

15. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Haha FC2.... I would have like the MP, but I couldn't get it to work. For some reason it wouldn't let me create an account.

GamerSpawn has done yet another analysis of ep3, I like it as there's not as much reading as the other breakdowns:

It's pretty good, he picks up on a couple of things I didn't even.
    14 more days til the next reveal

16. Binary-Ninja

pink teddy bears LOL