finally! hells highway release date

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Porky, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Porky

Porky Well-Known Member

Ubi has said 8/08/08 as a release for the latest brothers in arms...although Best Buy told me 9/15 as the date...at least its a a date!!.after 2 1/2 years its about time:)

2. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Sure looks to be an interesting one. I never played the first one (if what I'm thinking was the same franchise), but this looks promising.

The one thing that always concerns me with this sort of approach to a game, is the sometimes inappropriate use of cover. For example, in the vids for this, they show when you are safe behind cover... a good thing. However, it ruins a game for me when you can clearly see a bad dudes head peeking over a wall, and no matter how good a shot you are, you can't take him out due to "cover". I'm sure they'll have implemented a very good and workable system here, but it's always difficult to gauge correctly.

Either way, it's looking like a great and solid title. Bring it on I say! :)

3. Porky

Porky Well-Known Member

thats a good point on the cover...but you can tweak each team. since it is an accurate ,realism game,there is that built in "sway" when you are aiming.you cant hold perfectly still and with the correct ballistics for the weapon, yeah it can be tough to hit someone.squeeze a couple shots at him though, "supress" him and he will use the most of his cover...im looking forward to the destructable cover in it. no more hiding behind a wood crate, for myself as well..have to think much more...i hope they keep my fav weapon in it....FG42, man i love that weapon

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

I played the game Company of Heroes, and they had a somewhat similar use of cover, but in an RTS style, and it just irked me. There'd be a target in plain sight, but because the engine decided they were behind cover, they were untouchable.

The only other "FPS" I've seen try this approach was Full Spectrum Warrior. Squad based - third person perspective I think - but had a very similar use of destructible cover. Good game in it's day too. But again, you'd see your squaddie off standing out in the middle of a firefight, but because he was listed as "behind cover" he was invulnerable.

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but much is left up to the implementation. I really am looking forward to this one! :)

5. Porky

Porky Well-Known Member

it has to be WW2 to catch my eye...modern stuff or the sci fi just doesnt cut it...but maybe i should play a demo just to try...i too tried the company of heros but i didnt like the 3rd person perspective.plus i didnt like the building in it...i just wanna play army!