Flat Barrack (aka Flat Stanley) project

Discussion in 'Secret Squirrel Console Club House (Private, Hidde' started by Spunkmeyer, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Spunkmeyer

Spunkmeyer Getting Started

I probably should have explained this earlier, but I'm a sucker for WTF? moments. :rolleyes:

The Flat Barrack project is a little bit of fun started by the animal hospital where my wife works. Here's a message I sent to PM that saves me some typing time.

Since then, Barrack has traveled quite a bit, and has recently returned from San Fransisco, Stonehenge, and even Moscow (still waiting on the pics from that one). He will very likely be going to Denmark just after Christmas too.

As far as this "Flat Stanley" project, I have no idea what that is.... or why Cadder would have played him in school. :w I am an ignorant American, however, and for all I know, flat Stanley may be an Aussie national hero (if it doesn't involve how America kicks ass, they don't teach us about it).

So, now that the "cat's out of the bag", if anyone wishes to join in on the project, just let me know and I'll send you a Flat Barrack of your very own! :D The only request is that you send any pictures to us so that they can share them on Lakewood's website.

Spunky

[​IMG]
    Flat B at the US Open... they have some crazy rule about flash photography on the course... whatever.

[​IMG]
    Flat B in San Fransisco

[​IMG]
    Flat B did eventually make it on Good Morning America!

2. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Well-Known Member

LOL oh yeah ... Barrack ... not Stanly!:bigstupid:

3. Ulric

Ulric Administration Team Leader Staff Member Administrator Moderator

If you have a copy of the file you can put up here I am sure that some of the people here would love to help out with location shots.

4. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Flat Stanley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. Spunkmeyer

Thanks for helping one American be a little less ignorant, Cadder! I am still having a problem forming a mental image of you playing Flat Stanley in school however. :)

6. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

heheheh. I was (a bit) shorter and (a lot) thinner 35-ish years ago ;)

PS: Send me a Flat Barrack and I'll see what I can do about taking some photos of Barrack around the Gold Coast, Qld. (Surfers Paradise, endless theme parks, etc) I'll PM you my postal addy - unless Barrack is available in an emailable/printable form?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  7. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

When the rain slacks off a bit I could take him to the eastern most point of Australia - the lighthouse at Byron Bay.

If he's available in a printable form I've got some friends who would probably be quite happy to help out and it would save you on postage as well.

8. Spunkmeyer

Many thanks from me and my wife for your help with their little project! :bigthumbsup:
    I've been recently informed that Barrack is getting a make-over for the new year, so as soon as I get the new pic, I'll email it along.

Sorry about having to give you all the "some assembly required" versions, but the shipping times will be vastly improved. The postal guy looked at me like I was completely crazy when I had to tell him what I was shipping to PM. :w

9. Spunkmeyer

I haven't forgotten about sending out digital versions of Barrack, the clinic's resident graphic designer has been busy with recent experimental stem cell surgery they've been doing. (Check out their facebook page if you're interested, Lakewood Animal Hospital - Local Business | Facebook ) I promise that as soon as I get the file I will forward it along. Thanks for your patience guys (and Naba) :p.

10. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

No rush, Spunky. The printer that I would've printed this out on has a little hardware fault:

[​IMG]

(courtesy of the Queensland floods)
    Gotta find another.

11. Ulric

Ulric Administration Team Leader Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Cadder, once I get one I will make you a laminated copy and send it north.

Cadder likes this.