Fortnite - All the Rage

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by JicJackal, Sep 10, 2018.

1. JicJackal

JicJackal Getting Started

Ok, ok. I dig Fortnite. Why not? Millions of other 6-12 yr olds do. Not too many old farts play - or they'd rename it Fartnite. That said.... For those of you concerned the game is too silly and designed for youngens.... rest assured - you're correct!!! All seriousness aside, once you get your feet wet, it can be a blast to play. There are two versions - FREE and pay. The free version (Battle Royale) is fast and furious with millions of very skilled players. Millions? Yeah, like 125 million players and counting. Hey, 125 million toddlers can't be all wrong - eh? The paid version is Save The World. A bit pricey, but if you want to be hip (not hipster), cool, groovy or far-out, think about giving it a try. It's more of a game Manard G. Krebbs would play rather than Garry Kasparov - if you catch my drift. I will try to answer any question you ol' duffers post. JJ

2_islands likes this.
  2. Furgan

Furgan Well-Known Member

I play save the world, just got into canny so PL 42. Love the game. Wish there was a section here for fortnite players.

3. 2_islands

2_islands Dark side ... Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Great game for some fun ...

I liked the question in Save the world “do you want to trade?” I reply “no thank you. I just come in to have some fun and get mats for my son.” “You’re cool. Wish my parents did that for me ... by the way. You’re crap. Here’s a better gun.”

Once the young ones find out I’m an older codger, they take great pitty on me, then get great delight teaching me about the game. I run with it ... they’re good kids (mostly).

4. Furgan

Furgan Well-Known Member

If you need any ammo or nuts and bolts let me know.

Most the time I use dragon scorch with a sword so all the ammo I pick up is free.

The other times if I’m doing save a survivor or build radar towers I run striker ac which is the best material farmer (path finder jess is second). So my inventory and storm storage is always full.

The only thing I struggle for is Fiberous fauna (the palm tree looking things) and bacon.